šŸŽ‰ šŸŽ‰ šŸŽ‰ Introducing Adaptive Training! šŸŽ‰ šŸŽ‰ šŸŽ‰

We appreciate that!!

12 Likes

Curious how it will work with vo2 workouts that are consistently lowered to 95%? When at the same time SS workouts are nailed in the 88-94% range. Will it look at replacing currently scheduled vo2 with something other than the 120% workouts? This is what I am excited to see as I can see it helping to replace workouts and improve the plan.

1 Like

Some garmins do have itā€¦ its not great thoā€¦
But maybe a question about how did the ride ā€œfeltā€ (hot, cold, moderate) might help initiallyā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s too subjective IMO. I think your perception of room temp has more to do with cooling and intensity than actual temperature.

8 Likes

A garmin connect iq app to get the temp? communicate to TR through an ant channel

Or support ant temp sensors directly and get people to buy one, they arenā€™t that expencive

Nate does HR come into play with power meters? I know I like to gauge my success in SSB by seeing how my HR trends over intervals throughout the plan. Just curious if thatā€™s in play

Thats partially trueā€¦

N=1.
I live in Floridaā€¦ and I am sweating less now, than in the summerā€¦ although house temp is still 70ā€¦ but outdoor is in the low 60s

I agree that this is hard metric to account forā€¦
but i think is an important one, specially to those of use who live in always warm placesā€¦

1 Like
3 Likes

Probably better than the watch oneā€¦ since you can put this near youā€¦ but far enough that is not reading your body heatā€¦

1 Like

So lets add a feature like ā€œtemperature perception based on your locationā€ā€¦ lets see what someone in finland would regard as warm or cold in comparison to somebody in the sun belt :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You cant use Garmin tempeture IMO, unless you leave your device where you are training. And a Wrist device is always miles off for the first 30 to 60 minutes.

1 Like

Holy crap Iā€™m excited to get access!!!

Iā€™m on the list, so itā€™s going to be hard to refrain from staring at my email to get confirmation of access all day long.

4 Likes

Agreed. Apart from the fact that the product has worked very well for me ā€“ I went from 2.2 w/kg to 4.0 w/kg over the past 3 years ā€“ Nate and crew have made enough great decisions along the way to earn my loyalty as a customer. At this point, I am never switching to another platform.

11 Likes

Are workouts that are pushed to TR from Training Peaks considered custom workouts for the purpose of inclusion in Adaptive Training, or will they need to have been created in TR Workout Creator?

1 Like

Here is your chance to improve your business skillsā€¦ find a partner to build a room sensor to transmit via bluetooth and connect to TR!

There a few on amazon for 10-15$ ā€¦ but they are probably proprietary apps for themā€¦

:slight_smile:

Garmin already has a $25 sensor and a public ant+ profile

1 Like

Youā€™re agood buisnessman. It makes sense to reward loyalty. I probably would have dropped a couple of years ago if I wasnā€™t on legacy pricing. But I like the product and love the team and hoped that something like this was coming so I stayed a subscriberā€¦so you can say I paid in advance!!

I know other people havenā€™t cancelled because of legacy pricing. But you guys do rock and I get the feeling that you view the legacy pricing as a genine reward to loyal users rather than locking them in as i know you definately appreciate your customers. This looks so cool @Nate_Pearson. Cograts to all involvedā€¦now get me on that beta!!

11 Likes

Oh i knowā€¦ but is it good tho?

I dont trust garmin for anything other that GPS trackingā€¦

Is elevation taken into account? When ever I go to sea level I set massive power PRs, but I wouldnā€™t want that to influence my next workouts when I get back to 5k ft.

2 Likes

@Nate_Pearson Iā€™m not sure if this has been answered. So I apologize if it has and I couldnā€™t catch it.
How will we know we are part of the new program? Do we get an email or app update?

Glad to be a part of the TrainerRoad family

2 Likes