I think I moved to Build Phase too soon

If you don’t have a race season coming up then you can repeat base over and over - build is hard. I race tt’s at 51 years old and I find the 3 hard sessions a week - VO2/over under/ super threshold really tough in SPB - I tone down some of the workouts - like do McAdie instead of the +1 as I find I can do the SS stuff easily but not the stuff @ 108%…as people have mentioned your high end goes first and I ride plenty of 50 mile tt which is basically - sweetspot! - you don’t want to dig a hole and after a while you kind of get a feel for what you can do - I finished McAdie today…+1 would probably have needed a bail or some back spins and a completed workout makes you feel more confident and happy :smiley:

1 Like

Lots of info here… Next week I’ll be giving Build Low volume another try. I’ll be back to let you know how I do. As far as lowering intensity etc. goes. I’ll also try the 2:1 approach. Where the 3rd week will be a little less stressful. Maybe lower the intensity 10% even. If I have to. What had me a little worried before was how high my heartrate was getting. Like only several beats below my max. And then not getting enough time in the recovery areas.

1 Like