How should I spend this money?

Was just made aware of a savings account I didn’t know I even had worth $7650. I have a hand me down 2006 trek 1500. It’s been an awesome bike but it’s time for an upgrade. I’m happy with my indoor set up so I can put all this money towards a new bike and accessories. I don’t have a computer or power meter for tracking outdoor rides.

I’ve been eyeing the Scott addict RC pro since it came out but that would basically exhaust my funds. Which I’m ok with.

In the same situation how would you spend the money?

I’d get the Force AXS Tarmac (Pro?)for $5500 and bank the rest.

5 Likes

A Giant TCR with Force AXS is probably going to be the best value one. Arguably better quality also.

4 Likes

Sit tight and wait for the new Canyon Aeroad, current version Ultegra Di2 disc is 5k.

4 Likes

I think the Scott Addict RC or the 2020 Foil series is $$ well spent. I’ve had three Scott bikes and the last was a 2016 Foil. Great bike and while I replaced it with another great bike (Factor 02) overall the Foil was just a sleeper bike and I regret replacing it. I’m actually looking at the new Addict or Foil via my team program. Just depends on the whole job/$$ situation going forward. Congrats whatever you decide! Super fun!

1 Like

I would buy 2 or 3 different bikes. More experiences in different disciplines.

8 Likes

Get yourself a Cannondale SuperSix Evo Force AXS and live your best life my guy.

9 Likes

Good god that paint job is incredible

1 Like

Save it…you have no idea what the covid19 pandemic might bring.

18 Likes

Hey now, this is a bike forum. This isn’t the place for rational thinking and responsible financial advice.

25 Likes

If I came into that kind of money I would wait for the 2021 Emonda, but really I would keep that money for now with everything going on in the world.

1 Like

I’ve been lusting for this hotrod:

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Disc 9.0 ETAP

AXS eTap with an integrated Quarq PM. Stoopid light and $500 off, for now.

If you race, get a Strada

STRADA DUE TEAM STEALTH RED AXS ETAP

Top spec w/ Red 2x12 eTap & Discus 45 | 32 LTD carbon aero wheels.

If you don’t race, get this + a set of C45 wheels and swap depending on terrain.

EXPLORO TEAM FORCE/EAGLE ETAP

Off-road monster with SRAM Force AXS, Eagle XX1 derailleur & 11-50 cassette.

4 Likes

Specialized also had a deal a few weeks back for around $7k for last years S-Works Tarmac. That’s a perfect bike in my eyes. Top of the line everything and it includes a power meter. I got one last year and I love it.

1 Like

Buy index funds.

7 Likes

Definitely would consider this bike as well!

2 Likes

My vote is index ETF and buy even more bike stuff in 3yrs

6 Likes

Sure we do. It brought him $7650 to buy a new bike!

7 Likes

Save it - buy shares in a month or two.
Buy the new bike 6 months from now and have your savings account in tact to buy something else.

2 Likes

Thousands of kids out there starving right now due to Covid. Parents / families that are normally on the poverty line and the kids eat probably their only full meal at school. Now there is no school = no food. Consider donating some of your cash to food banks or organisations of your choice that can help.

2 Likes