How do deal with a vacation in the middle of adaptive planned schedule?

I just started my winter program (not training for an event) and used adaptive to do it. I have a one week vacation starting next week. What should I do about the scheduled workouts over this time? I’d like to drag the entire program forward to leave a gap for vacation or will adaptive set an “adaptation” if I skip a bunch of workouts once I return?

Did you just add that time off in plan builder? it will figure everything around your vacation.

Use annotations! On your calendar, click the little red + sign in the bottom right corner, and add scheduled time off from here. Your plan will adapt around it.

7 Likes

Check this article: https://support.trainerroad.com/hc/en-us/articles/4404902053019-How-to-Add-Time-Off-to-Your-Calendar

2 Likes

ok, my face is a bit red. Amazing, thanks, had never noticed that “annotation” link. I think it would be great to have a top level button on that first screen that says “add gap, or add vacation”

2 Likes

We’re working on ways now to make this feature more visible. Many athletes don’t realize it exists!

3 Likes

According to the podcast AT will cope with a week, if you went away fo 6months it might be different. Don’t worry just add an annotation if you want too.

Me. Me is “Many Athletes.”

Even as a loyal podcast listener, I missed it. Thanks for that tidbit.

1 Like

It’s the “problem” with many feature rich sites/apps: how to provide options without overwhelming the user with them and making the interface feel very cluttered.

At the moment adding a week for holiday/vacation or illness is hidden behind the same dialog used to add workouts, races, etc. Just doesn’t feel very intuitive.