Help with Taper for Delayed Event?

Hi all,

I’m in the final week of a taper for a 70-mile marathon XC event (the MoCo Epic here in Maryland, USA if anyone is interested). Although my training has gone very well (thanks Adaptive Training!), I’m concerned about a possible delay. The event is scheduled for 10/10, but it looks like it’s going to be a soggy week, with rain in the forecast for every day this week leading up to the event. County parks here in Maryland are pretty strict about closing trails when things get too wet.

It looks like there’s a rainout date the following weekend (10/16-17). In the event that the event is delayed by a week, what should I do about my training? Should I simply repeat the final taper week with the Saturday opener? Or, would it be better to lay off completely and let the chips fall where they may. FWIW, I’m feeling pretty fresh and ready to go at the moment. Excited to get out there and test my fitness.

Thanks,

Dave