Help with shoe sizing, Shimano S-Phyre RC902 vs. Giro Empire SLX

Hi all,
I have been riding Giro Empire SLX shoes, and I’m an 11.5 US size, which translates into a 45.5 in the Giro shoes, which fits well. I am looking at getting some S-Phyre RC902s, but on the website Shimano’s sizing says that an 11.5 is equal to a 46.5 in their sizes. Does anyone who has had experience with the Shimanos know if those sizes are accurate?
Thanks much for any information!

I’ve tried the Shimanos in store while owning the Giros. I wear 42 for the Giro, but would have had to size down to get the necessary fit on the shimano with my narrow feet. I didn’t get them because with the 41, I didn’t have enough space in the toebox.

So I think it depends whether you have narrow feet that fit the Giro (a traditionally narrow last) or if you have normal width feet that you had to size up for. If your Giro’s fit well then you may encounter the same problem I had, but I am very narrow…

If there’s a return feature I’d order a couple sizes and return the ones that don’t work!

2 Likes

I wear a size smaller in S-Phyre than almost any other brand, and I have wide feet.

1 Like

I’ve actually seen the opposite of the others. I just received a pair of the XC702s, and the 42 feels small compared to my other shoes which are Specialized.
If I look at the US size, the 42 Specialized says US 9, the Shimano 8.3

May not seem like much, but it does feel different.

Hump

1 Like

I’m not sure if this helps or not, but i just went from a 44 SLX to a 42.5 wide in the shimanos. I had a little bit of room in the giros so I would imagine I was likely a 43/43.5. So in my experience they are relatively true to size w.r.t to each other. My SLX are about 4 years old and the s-phyres are brand new fwiw

1 Like

I have an 43 in the Giro Empire Knit and a 43.5 in my S-Phyre 902

2 Likes

I personally found those knit shoes to be very narrow. I don’t like tight shoes through the mid-foot though, so ymmv.

1 Like