Heads up computer mount suggestions?

Hello,

I have a Garmin 130. I currently use the mount it came with for on top of my stem. I only use it on my road bike. I’ve never been too concerned with numbers on mtb rides, also it is distracting.

I wish to switch to a forward or heads up mount that has the computer out in front of my bars as it is better for the field of vision. Any suggestions on a good mount? I prefer not to buy some cheap thing that only lasts a year or two.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

K-edge

2 Likes

This will work well with what you have and compatible with your 130. I have it for my 530 and ia nice.

I love this one:
Best Tek Garmin Edge Extended…

It satisfies my need to have the computer perfectly symmetrical.

3 Likes

I’m a big fan of the Form Mount…infinitely adjustable, is completely symmetrical and takes up no HB space.

https://www.f3cycling.com/formmount

ETA - they are running a 30% off special right now (for the phone mount)

1 Like

I have a collection of nearly a dozen mounts from all the usual suspects. More than half of them are sitting in a drawer.

The ones that I’m currently using are all mounted to the stem faceplate. They’re simply much straighter and better positioned on centerline than the barclamp versions.

2 Likes

the discount is on the phone version and not the garmin/wahoo mount. FYI

Ah, that’s right…my bad. Thanks for catching that.

Makes it pretty much useless to me. I would be interested if they did 30% off the actual garmin mount but I don’t see that happening.

I just got a Form Mount would definitely recommend. The price is a bit much but I needed a stem mount after switching to an aero road bar.

Customer service was great as well. I had an issue with the stainless bolts. One was bent slightly and thread pitch was off from what I’m sure was a manufacturing issue. It wouldn’t turn past two rotations and I wasn’t about to try and force it.

Tim, one of the owners, got me out a ti bolt set the next day at no charge.

1 Like

I had bought mine before I knew them, but they regularly join our Saturday group ride…great guys.

1 Like

K-Edge combo mounts:

or K-Edge Integrated:
https://k-edge.com/product-tag/integrated-handlebar-system-mount/

All metal except for the plastic “insert” that your 130 locks into, In case of a crash the insert is designed to break-away to save your 130, and the insert can be replaced. In the fall and winter I mount a light below the computer, and in spring/summer I mount an action camera.

1 Like