Headband Recommendations to Keep Sweat Out of the Eyes

On the trainer, I currently wear headsweats cycling caps. While they do a good job of keeping the sweat out of my eyes, they do trap heat. When I take off the cap, I feel noticeably cooler.

So I’m thinking of switching to headbands. Does anyone have recommendations on headbands?

2 Likes

I like the Halo headband but have heard good things about GUTR as well.

5 Likes

I’ve had the Gutr and Halo. Halo works better for me. The Gutr cuts in to the top of my ears. Just depends on you and your helmet. The owner of my LBS uses Gutr and swears by it. Halo makes a bunch of varieties as well. Wide or thin sizes, full skull cap, tie back, etc. The Halo really works well even for all day rides.

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendations. I think I’m going to try the Halo.

I’ve been wearing a Headsweats sweat band and it generally works well except on really hot days or long slow climbs w/o much wind. Once it gets saturated I still get drips down my face and glasses, great for indoor use though with a fan. The GUTR looks like it would interfere with my glasses? I might have to give the Halo a chance, at the very least they look to have more surface area than the head sweats.

I also have a coolmax cycling cap, it doesn’t trap much heat in but I suffer the same issue with the sweatband. Great for early spring or fall though.

1 Like

Cheap one from Nike, was like 5 bucks. Does the trick

3 Likes

Halo works great for me

Yup, simple terrycloth. I have 3 and swap mid workout if needed.

or just squeeze it like a sponge :sweat_drops:

2 Likes

18 Likes

I’m not cool enough for that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I use these and never run out of clean ones.

Mallofusa ® 10 PCS Cotton Sports Basketball Headband / Sweatband Head Sweat Band/brace Gift Party Outdoor Activities (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M2CWKJ8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_juGACbVSP70B7

I have a halo and a gutt’r. I’m not sure the gutt’r would work well indoors. It needs the air flow of your forward movement to push the sweat out the sides of the gutt’r.

Halo. I have the Halo II and the Halo Slim. Halo II is the way to go.

I’ve got the Halo bandana – ties in the back, super light on top. Doesn’t trap heat at all, and wicks moisture nicely. More comfortable for my slightly big head than the two Halo headbands I also have, and much more effective than the Nike headband I initially used.

http://www.traxfactory.com/store/productlist.cfm

Hands down the best sweat product for helmets. I’ve tried them all. This actually works unlike any of the others. Believe me, just try it. Gutr, headsweats, Halo, none of them hold a candle to this one.

1 Like

You don’t really need anything fancy and overpriced - I just have a few cheap Nike or Decathlon own-brand tennis style ones that I use.

1 Like

So I ended up buying the Halo Slim headband and the Headsweats Topless headband. They both work equally well for me, but I prefer the headsweats as it is slightly larger diameter, so it fits me better. I’m going to try the Mallofusa, and hopefully that will work. 10 should last for a long time.

I bought the Halo wide and works great, I’m guessing that slim is just to… slim.