Have you ever actually puked from a TR workout?

I know you have probably thought about it if you’ve been using TR for any length of time.

The question is has anyone gone past wanting to puke and actually done it during or immediately after a TR interval session? And I mean purely from the effort and not because you had a stomach bug/hangover you tried to train through.

I thought about this today during the third set of over/unders on Carpathian Peak. I did not puke.

2 Likes

Twice. Separate rides

2 Likes

Yes. First ramp test after coming back from a respiratory infection.

1 Like

Burped up some bile after a ramp test, but that’s about it

5 Likes

I had to go from the bike straight to a cold shower after my last ramp test;

Legitimately fought throwing up for 15 minutes until my core temp finally came back down.

-hit the highest max heart rate I have seen so far in training, previous max was 175bpm; hit 180 in that ramp test.

(I forgot to set-up my fan, and I have a feeling not having the fan was definitely a factor -the nausea seemed correlated to the elevation in core body temp)

1 Like

not…yet…

1 Like

I’ve not even come close. Even on intervals!

Although yesterday, I squirted my bottle directly up my sinus cavity and Nuun came out my nose - does that count?

Thinking I need to be working harder :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Yes. Kaiser :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

After first ever TR ramp. Went deep, puked into my mouth at end and had to lay over my aircon unit until legs stopped shaking.

Not managed to get back there in subsequent tests.

1 Like

Not inside on the trainer. Have seen stars after a couple of FTP tests.

1 Like

Definitely some vurps on the ramp tests or immediately after, but no full on vom.

1 Like

Third ramp test; started tossing cookies about 15 seconds after I blew up. Spent the cool down alternating between spinning and hurling.

3 Likes

Nope, but I’ve come the closest I have to ever tossing my cookies in any exercise.

Like most before me after an FTP test

2 Likes

Yeah I came close to throwing up on that one as well, doing it at 5:30 AM might not have helped

1 Like

Lol, I had the same workout yesterday and felt the same way :nauseated_face:.

1 Like

I’ve been deep on a Ramp Test where I had to take a moment to let things settle, but the only times I’ve come really close to throwing up were both in Zwift races. Bile drooling out and shaking type close.

2 Likes

Almost, first time I did an 8 min FTP test, seconds away from passing out during the second interval.

2 Likes

The kids have come running with a bowl on a couple occasions based on pre-barf acoustics, but so far no solid (or liquid) action.

After the second or third time I decided since the only person I race against is myself (and random Zwifters) it was a bit ridiculous to push myself quite that hard! I think that simple thought has made my life a bit more balanced :wink:

3 Likes

During the ramp test

1 Like

Birling nearly did it to me just a few weeks ago.

Pretty sure I actually did after an early FTP test, had been off the bike for some time and apparently my body felt differently than my brain about trying to willpower my way to the FTP I had hoped for.

1 Like