Happiness and Performance, Limiters, Cellular Adaptation & More – Ask a Cycling Coach 200

I interpreted their use of “root” as stem. Since the beet itself IS the root!

1 Like

You left your phone number on this post, doubt you meant to.

1 Like

Aside from Spanish Needle, what were the sprint workouts @Pete was referencing?

1 Like

Birling and Star were mentioned.

1 Like

not sprint per-se, but Pete and Chad mentioned Black Kaweah for training anaerobic capacity and power.

1 Like

do your sprints outside if you can

When I had a Tacx Vortex, running it in the winter in my shed (so also from around freezing), it not only took a long time to fully warm up, but I could also clearly see drift between the values reported by the Vortex and my PowerTap hub within intervals as things got warmer during e.g. a threshold interval, and then cooled off in rest intervals. This was a significant amount too - of the order of 5-10%, so really not ideal. This is one of the main reasons that I switched to a Neo…

@hubcyclist I haaaaate the flavor of beets unless they are cooked and soaked in vinegar. The way I’ve been masking the flavor is with spicy hot v8, and it works! I usually throw a tiny bit of cayenne and tumeric in there to kick the spicy up one more notch. But, either I’ve gotten used to the flavor of dirt or the spicy v8 masks the flavor it.

1 Like

Can we have a link to the pomegranate juice study please?

This is probably it (from another thread):

1 Like

Thanks @mcneese.chad for the links. Star vs Starr is a little wonky, let’s call that @chad’s fault.

Star Here’s the one I mentioned. It’s one of my favorite pre-race day openers too. Sometimes I’ll do about 1/2 to 3/4 of Guyat beforehand if I want a little extra volume for the week. Neither one seems to fatigue me in any serious way.

1 Like

I have been thinking about getting on the beet juice band-wagon. Have you found any good sources of powder/supplements in Canada or have you just gone with whole beets?

I saw Beet-It shots available on Amazon.ca, but they are pricey! at $55 for 15 shots. I would rather be working with whole beets at that price point.