Our 200th episode of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast will feature discussions on happiness and performance, how to understand and overcome your performance limiters, how training changes your body at a cellular level, and much more! Join us live on Facebook and YouTube at 8:00am Pacific on Thursday, March 28.
Youtube Live Video:
Topics covered in this episode:
- How to use a lack of race fitness to your advantage
- New race analysis videos: sag climbing and descending
- What beet juice actually does for performance
- How to overcome fitness blocks
- How to do a fair self-analysis of your cycling potential
- Why muscle fiber composition isn’t a strict determinant of performance
- How training changes our body at the cellular level
- A guide to strategic decision making in race situations
- How to recognize changes in wind
- How to know if you should abandon a race plan or stick to it
- Why a faster cadence is almost always a better solution for climbing
- How long does it take to lose the benefit of a warmup?
- Why and how you should calibrate your power meter every ride
- Is sparkling water bad for performance?
- How being happy makes you faster
- Why you shouldn’t get out of the saddle toward the end of the TrainerRoad ramp test