Group Workout Room Code Sharing

******* UPDATE*********
I tested positive for COVID and only have a runny nose. I’m going to leave the link up for those who would like to use it, I however am choosing not to participate out of abundance of caution. Ride on!!

Ramp Test

Monday December 7, 2020

0630 CST

And with that prerun TR might get some additional ideas of features to add on the long run. I just like the dev a lot.

1 Like

Anyone up for Ramp Test Tuesday Monday today at 11:30am EST (4:30p UTC)??? (I could slide a little later too if that helps)

RSVP:

For WWDD

• Workout Name: Disaster -2
  • Date: December 12th 2020
  • Time: 9AM GMT (10AM CET)
  • Room Code: 4c6c5k
1 Like

What better way to ring in the new year… than with fireworks on NYE!

• Workout Name: Fireworks +1
  • Date: 31st December 2020
  • Time: 1pm GMT. 5AM PST.
  • Room Code: PQBVET
  • Special Notes: RSVP - TrainerRoad

What the heck is Fireworks +1? I’m intrigued.

1 Like

@Nate_Pearson been a while, any plans for future group workouts?

Yes, as soon as we get iOS and Android out. I’m just riding those every day because I want to make sure I can catch any bugs. There are multiple other layers of testing but there are small things that I’ll still catch.

4 Likes

Has become a bit quiet here with regard to participation around this feature…
Do you see more private use of this feature in your internal data or is this thread/calendar the main driver @Nate_Pearson?

Might be helpful if you would pin this thread and promote it on the podcast regularly for the winter months (northern hemisphere). Any other quick wins/ideas (before better integration is coming)? Maybe encourage TR employees to do their training as group workout and post here…(wondering why that isn’t dogfooded more :man_shrugging:)…?

1 Like

More private. Once we launch mobile we plan on having a total in-app experience where you can find scheduled workouts to join. That was originally going to be part of launch but covid made us get out an MVP. Right now, all resources are on getting our new mobile app out and Thing 1 out.

8 Likes

Soon as in how soon?? Keep up the great work and hope you get some downtime to enjoy with the family.

12/12. Rockhouse. Join us. RSVP - TrainerRoad

c’mon @Nate_Pearson, @Jonathan, @Pete. There’s room for you guys, too.

2 Likes
  • Workout Name: Disaster

• Date: Dec 12, 2020 (Hamburg, Germany

• Time: 0630 AM CET (GMT-1 - 0530h)

• Room Code: mjdhre

Desperate for company :slight_smile: Never did a group ride. It will be nice to have someone suffer with me.
An Irish Man, trying to be a Hamburger :hamburger:in Germany.

1 Like

Hi there,

my usecase for group workouts would be:

I would like to set up a club with a special focus (in my case preparation for Maratona dles Dolomites) and I would like to join a group training plan… So, finding maybe 5 of the approx. 9000 people who got a ticket for the MDD34 and then prepare with them for that event. Preferably spread all over the world and then the team/club members will finally meet LIVE in July… That would be such a nice tunnel thru all this C-Shxx.

To my mind the crucial difference would be that you do not have to search for people who are by accident up for the same workout on a particular day. I think at the moment that is the main point why group workout don’t fly yet. You always would need to actively look for people with your schedueled workout…

I’ve got a couple more workouts to fit in this week - McAdie (Sweetspot) and Antelope (Over-Unders). Both 90 mins.

Have a window to fit one in this evening (GMT) starting at 8 or 8:30.

If anyone is interested in joining a group ride that could help me make my decision on which to do today.

Threshold work tomorrow 8:30MST. Help me get through these!

Byers Peak (5x12’ @95-99%)

We’re waiting on two major things:

• ANT+ to get finished
  • Apple payment to get finished

Apple won’t let us submit now without in app purchase. They changed the rules and now we’re subject to that requirement.

They are both being worked on by a team. I’m always hesitant to say when it will be released.

3 Likes

:+1: Such is the way it goes with software. Personally, I always prefer companies take the time to get it right rather than rush a release with bugs. Because while initially satisfying, the latter option ends up being much more frustrating than waiting for a solid release.

1 Like

I am in agreement with you!