Grapenut consumers unite!

I’ve never came across them before (Grapenuts) but if they don’t contain Grapes or Nuts I’m out :joy:

I had a google to see what they actually were, a wheat and barley cereal. It looks like a lot of folk were mis sold by the misleading name. Grape-Nuts to Offer Refunds to Those Who Overpaid

2 Likes

I ALWAYS have a box of grape nuts in the pantry. In my breakfast rotation…

1 Like

I love grape nuts but nobody else in my family does so they don’t get bought unless I have a chance to get to the store.

1 Like

Grape-Nut Flakes are an abomination unto the Lord.

1 Like

If you haven’t tried grape nuts and choose to try them based on this thread … a piece of advice:

Get some reading material and stay near a bathroom for 24 hours post-consumption.

Good luck🤘

Yeah…it’s the yeast. Or anyhow that’s what Leviticus says.

1 Like

I eat Grape-Nuts all the time. They have the highest calories per bowl of any cereal.

1 Like

Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Crunchy Cereal reminds me of grape nuts but with some added ingredients.

4 Likes

Thanks for posting this thread, GN is now in rotation and it’s good stuff :+1:

4 Likes

I love grape nuts but I could eat a whole box so I had to stop to save my thighs from adding more weight.

1 Like

My new favorite thread :joy:

I’ve always loved Grape-nuts. Great alternative to overly sweet cold cereals, but not as much of a fiber bomb as some of the other options.

1 Like

I brought cracklin oat bran to show and tell as a kid. I was that passionate. True story.

1 Like

In college our dining hall had a Cracklin’ Oat Bran dispenser and I must’ve eaten my body weight in that stuff freshman year. A 3rd serving? Don’t mind if I do!

6 Likes

I love Grape Nuts! I have a hard time finding them around here, but I’ll grab a box anytime I can find them. I’m the only one in my house that eats them, but then, that can be said about a LOT of things I eat. Thankfully, my wife loves me and indulges my strange grocery requests regularly.

Yes, I like this more than Grape Nuts for the nutrition.

Ezekiel Ingredients

Grapenut Ingredients

Grapenuts does have a better vitamin/mineral profile though but I think it’s mostly added.

1 Like

Post has an ‘interesting’ way of listing Grape-Nuts ingredients:

Those vitamins and minerals are ingredients too!

2 Likes

Grapenuts are good but Shreddies are way better.

1 Like

Yah, I wonder how well you absorb it. Like, is it just a multivitamin but it’s on the cereal?

I don’t know the answer to this.

1 Like

That’s my assumption / WAG - like a multi-vitamin

1 Like