Future Threshold Workout Above My PL

My current threshold PL is 2.4. My next threshold workout is a 4.0 about 2 weeks from now. Will Adaptive Training adapt that workout before I get to it? I’m pretty sure I’d fail a 4.0 at my current FTP.

Are you in the training phase that the workout is in? Or a rest week?

1 Like

I’m at the end of a specialty phase with a race this weekend (this week says “recovery week”), and then plan builder gave me another recovery week next week. Then another specialty phase starting on July 4 to prepare for July 30th race. My next threshold workout falls on July 9th.

I think the answer to your question is: No

1 Like

OK, TR AT does not adjust “future” phases of the training plan. If you are in one phase now which includes your recovery week, you won’t see changes in that pending phase until you actually get to the start of that very phase/week.

2 Likes

That is exactly what I wanted to know, and probably what @mailman was about to say.

2 Likes

You can sometimes prompt some adaptations by using the “alternates” feature to change one of your workouts in the next phase. I’ve had it sometimes Adapt the whole block. Sometimes only certain workout types.

But yes, as Chad has pointed out. Adaptations don’t normally occur until the first day of the phase.

1 Like