I’ve just completed SSB1 and started out with an FTP of 215 going in. At the start of SSB2 I’ve re-tested my FTP and came up at 203 which is about 6% lower.
- I’ve also changed equipment shortly after starting SSB1 from a lower end Tacx Vortex Smart Trainer to a Tacx Neo 2T (which should be more accurate).
- I noticed I bailed out earlier (in minutes) in this latest FTP test than in any previous tests on the Vortex.
- I had no real difficulty completing SSB1 and my HR seemed to be in the zone (a bit on the high end) for SS work
Did my vortex over-report power? Am I just fatigued (was a bit ill the past two days) and bailed out too early on my ramp test this time?
I’m aware all of this makes it complicated so I’m hoping some community experience can help me out. What options would you reccomend?:
- Keep my old FTP going into SSB2 without retesting
- Re-take the ramp test in a few days
- Keep the new FTP and only retest in a few weeks
Thanks for your advice: