Feedback needed for Calendar plans and race priority on the Training Stress graph

I think it looks great, my only concern is the amount of information in the space provided. I’m looking at your mock up on a 13" laptop with image across the fill screen and its all legible, however in production that wont be the case as the left menu takes up a portion so it might be a little hard to decipher on smaller screens. Have you thought about giving the users the option to turn on/off the different fields of info? Or maybe just collapsing the left hand menu to icons until you hover over them which reveals the full menu?

Also are these enhancements only for the calendar page or will also be available on the career page?

1 Like

@Nate_Pearson

An annotation would work. All I’d want in this instance is too see something like your original TSS chart with my plan history and then be able to rename a block something else. In this case it would be ‘Final Race Build’ or something along those lines. It might also be useful to be able to see at a glance periods of non structured training. For example if users had an extended period of travel or illness it might be helpful to see them at a glance.

Custom training plans would be great. To my mind all this would need to be would be say, blank 4,6 and 8 week plans into which we could drag and drop workouts, name ‘2019 Block One’ or whatever it needs to be in the training context and apply to the calendar.

I say all it needs to be fully aware that I know nothing about this kind of development and how difficult it might be to actually do😀

I’m liking the calendar developments though and as the import for other sports and filtered TSS get added you’ll end up with a really powerful tool with significant value.

1 Like

Still no water bottle mounts…

2 Likes

I like but I think you need to be careful it doesn’t get overcrowded and then becomes difficult to read

I like it, It’s a yes from me!

Looks great.

Another idea we had was the ability to mark an annotation that was visible on the Training Stress graph. This could be turned on/of in the legend. If we did that you could accomplish the above (at least by marking custom areas of training).

I really like this idea. Would work perfectly for custom blocks, and I like the idea of being able to make my annotated holiday weeks in the TSS graph.

1 Like

For the intended three goals I think it looks great. I look at the calendar 100% on a 15" laptop screen, so not real worried about text size bunching on smaller displays. Showing plan starts are the most relevant to me, to see when blocks end and start. An option down the line to hide plan text / change month display would be nice. Being able to click a button to change months from single, to double, to 6 month, or similar? Perhaps a way to display all months with just first letter? Great job.

You can collapse the TSS graph now, but you will also be able to turn stuff off/on in a legend.

We’ve talked about collapsing the left hand menu too but we haven’t scheduled that, I’ll bring that up to designers.

Career page too!

2 Likes

We totally agree. The designers are already sweating :slight_smile:. I think we won’t show anything more by default past what we have in this mock up. Everything else would be configurable per user. You could get super crazy with it.

I’d personally like to see all the months as three month abbreviations. The designers are a bit worried that it will be too much. Once we get this in code we can play a bit and see what’s nice.

2 Likes

That all looks great! Any idea when non-ride workouts will auto load to TR thru Garmin or other devices … swims, runs, etc?

1 Like

Ir looks great! Please just keep in mind for upcoming updates, to add the functionality of automatically uploading from garmin my run and swim activities, so it’s essier to mark as complete, along with actual durations, actual TSS, HR, and calorie for those activities.

Thanks

1 Like

+1

that’s the million dollars question, imho!

I just added my known A/B races for next season and struggled with seeing where they landed on the timeline. The bump in TSS was the only way to identify them.

The proposed changes look like a good way to address that.

I more than almost want that. I definitely want it. I’ve got a week on my calendar from a stupid 33 hour gravel race :roll_eyes: that blows my TSS chart scaling up so I can’t really see my TSS progression clearly as it is all scrunched down.

Also, maybe I missed it, but what are the dark diamonds? FTP updates?

1 Like

I’m frustrated by the lack of zoom on weekly TSS on Calendar page, and rigid 1/2/3/4 year views on Career page. In particular on the Career page, if you select 1 year, I can’t find a way to scroll back to 2017 or 2016.

This is the first iteration of Calendar, so I’m going to sit patiently, wait for enhancements, and continue using TP for additional analysis as needed.

1 Like

We’ve got some other work before we do that, so it’s still many months out.

Yes

I hear you on the career page.

Why would you need zoom on the calendar TSS? You don’t get more information, you just get bigger bars, and they are pretty big already.

@Nate_Pearson Because I’m used to the flexible analysis tools in TP?

Here is a concrete example of why I like zooming in:

There are only two things I miss about TP Premium:

• easy analysis of aerobic decoupling, which I use during base as a metric on longer intervals to assess increasing aerobic fitness
  • looking at TSS progressions for particular periods of time

Hope that helps, the TSS progressions could be better handled by pushing season concept across TrainerRoad.com (I think, just talking out loud).

1 Like