Feature Request - Switching off the live summaries after intervals

The interval summaries should pop up after all work intervals, so they will not pop up for recovery valleys.

Is it possible that the longer intervals that you mention are tempo or easier? Based on the logic, these may not be considered work intevals, and as a result, they may not display the summaries.

@Bryce - Whether or not the post interval pops-up for me is totally random. Last night I did Log In to TrainerRoad After the warm-up, there are 6 intervals:
2 @ 6 minutes - post interval pop-up popped up
2 @ 4 minutes - post interval pop-up popped up for the first of these, but not the 2nd
2 @ 2 minutes - post interval pop-up didn’t pop up for either

The interval intensity increases as the interval length shortens, so the lack of the post-interval pop-up isn’t tied to intensity

1 Like

Very interesting… thank you for letting us know. We are currently working on a total overhaul of the desktop applications, so I will alert the team to make sure that they are aware of this problem.

EDIT: @AlphaDogCycling it looks like you are on the Beta version of the app. Does this issue occur when you are running the latest version of the production app?

There are times like today when I have to click on the summary to make it go away. Right over the minimized TR screen.

PC based. Think win 10.

What version of the app are you using?

I get very similar results in minimized mode

Chiming in as one who likes the live summaries … if you change anything, please leave the live summaries as an option.

@Bryce - I haven’t used the production version in a long time, so I will try that on my next ride and let you know.

Well, I went to look and my computer died. Won’t restart – so unfortunately, I cannot tell you which version. But I can tell you that I always have to start TR (I don’t leave it running) and there was not a message that told me to restart to go to the latest update.

@Bryce I used the non-Beta app last night, and I experienced the same “sometimes the end of interval pop-up popped up, and sometimes it didn’t “ with no tie to interval wattage.

So at least for me, this bug is across all current versions of the Windows app.

Hmm, this is definitely something we will want to address. What is the version number you are using?

@Bryce This happened on 2019.10.3.89823

This is not a complaint but since we are talking about the pop ups I’ll add that I did Dade+5 today on Windows 10 with the TR app in minimal mode at bottom of my screen and I can’t remember it popping up once. I can see it try to pop up but it doesn’t.

2 Likes

Same here. I’m on Mac. They used to show and now they just don’t come up at all.

Random pop-ups for me on Windows PC.

This feature would make my day. I use the iOS/iPad version of the app. I don’t ever care to see the interval summary, especially since it blocks the on-screen instructions that I do want to see! That’d be option #2: don’t cover the instructions with the summary.

1 Like

Same here - the interval summary obscures the instructional text on iOS. I’d go so far as to describe this as a bug rather than a feature request.

Thanks for bringing this up, all. I’ll mention it to the team!

3 Likes

Thanks Ivy. It’s been over 2 years since my original request, but it’s just as relevant today.

Sorry for the delay, more info on Feature Requests, timelines, and prioritization from the welcome page:

Feature Requests

Constant improvement is one of our core values, and from big features to small fixes, we’re always trying to make TrainerRoad better. A huge part of that process is user feedback—we read and consider every suggestion we receive about how to improve TrainerRoad, and if you have an idea you’d like to share, the best way is by emailing it to support@trainerroad.com.
While we do sometimes discuss details of our future roadmap on this forum, our product development priorities are always subject to change, and we can’t offer updates here on individual feature timelines or schedules.