[Feature Request] Ability To Turn Off Interval Summary

What’s the point of showing this overlay in the middle of workout? It covers the info window for 5 seconds, which maybe a long time in case of a hard workout. I could not find how to turn this off. Is it possible?

1 Like

Completing each work step in the workout gives you that banner, and AFAIK it’s not configurable to switch off. If you truly don’t like it try workouts with a single step.

2 Likes

Well, I guess I would like to make it a feature request.

1 Like

This has also annoyed me and I have contacted support-without a solution.

The point is to give you an opportunity to check whether you have hit your numbers and with what cadence and heart rate. I find that quite useful, but I can see why others would likely want to make it optional.

3 Likes

I’ve always felt the interval summaries were useless.

1 Like

Then this is probably a legacy feature, because in ERG mode, when the power is fixed, it cannot be significantly different from the target. See - in my case it was 237/238. And if you’ve been training for a while, you pretty much know your cadence and HR. I memorize the interval time in the beginning of the interval as well. So this information is pretty much useless for me. It maybe useful for an outdoor ride though, but not on an ERG trainer.

Not everyone runs their trainer in erg mode. I only use erg mode for Z2 workouts.

3 Likes

Why would not want to know how accurately you completed each step? It is useful to follow your average HR for each interval as a judge to fitness and fatigue.

2 Likes

It’s been said many times on the podcast that HR is not a good measure of fitness and fatigue, power is. However, I do agree that when you are not working in ERG mode, average power may vary. But I am usually more interested in what’s ahead, i.e. do I have enough power in the tank to finish the interval?

It is a bit weird now you mention it - the funny thing is I’m often interested in the numbers, but by the time I’ve slumped onto the bars and towelled my eyes off after the interval, it’s already gone! :smiley:

4 Likes

Agreed it’s not as useful as power numbers but there are times it’s useful. Still find it very helpful as I’m coming off a six month downtime with injury and surgery. As I try to come back, the power numbers improve but the heart rate steps between intervals are still more than I care for versus pre injury. It’s a decent marker of my progress

1 Like

The interval summaries used to pop up at the bottom of the screen. When the app was redone a year or 2 ago they moved it to an overlay that covered the workout profile. This was complained about at the time in the beta threads, but no action was taken. Worse, when there is workout text they overlap. I also think the summary isn’t up for long enough – by the time I think to look it disappears the moment I can focus on it.

1 Like

With context HR is a good way to judge fatigue. How quickly does your heart rate recover during a rest interval? Does your heart rate drift? By how much?

Yes, that true, but I’d rather do the analysis later when I am recovered and not in the middle of an interval. I usually have hard time thinking under physical load.

1 Like

I think I’ve done 500-600 TR workouts. Never noticed it :rofl: :rofl: Guess I focus more on whatever’s on the laptop (Netflix, GCN etc)

1 Like

I’d be interested in being able to toggle it on/off.

I personally don’t get much use out of it, and it takes over a good portion of my screen when it pops up

I added the “feature-request” tag to this post. Hopefully Ivy or others will see it and put it on the wish list.

Makes sense to me to make it a user selected option to show or hide the summary info.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback and discussion on this thread, all. I’ll bring this to the team for consideration to turn interval summary on/off the way you can with instructional text.

4 Likes