Feature Request: Private notes

I would find it useful to be able to mark my notes as “private” while leaving the overall activity open to public view. I don’t mind folks seeing my workouts, but I like to record notes about the ride (how I felt, nutrition, yada, yada) that provide some context when I’m looking back at them later. I’d rather not share all this rambling.

Does this sound useful to anyone else?

16 Likes

Yes, absolutely.

1 Like

Notes and maps are the reasons I keep my entire profile private.

3 Likes

Yes I’d really like this. I’ve decided to just not care and write my notes without thinking too much about them being public, but I’d really prefer them to be private without my whole account needing to be.

2 Likes

Ditto for adding an option like this.

1 Like

I don’t use TR as my main repository for training data - I use Sporttracks for that purpose as it brings all my data, from Garmin Connect (running, outdoor cycling, XC skiing, hiking), Zwift and TR (and Tacx apps forever before that) in one place. That profile is private, and it’s where notes go. I don’t have any notes in TR.

So while I see the use for such a feature, I know I wouldn’t use it.

This is a great suggestion @gwhilts!

I’ll go ahead and pass it onto the team for consideration. We have some ideas on how to improve the way we handle notes, and this could be a great addition :+1:.

3 Likes

I’d like to hijack this and request notes on future races. I’d like to add link to the website, registration date. Simply a textbox with some kind of markdown rendering to create links, mark some text as bold and create bullet points like we can in this forum.

3 Likes

Yes

1 Like

+1 for this, I was just going to post something for this. But thought I’d search first :wink:

3 Likes

Can I add another request: it’d be nice to be able to review notes more easily, too. Right now I have to do a click fest. It’d be nice if there was a way to export the notes together with the stats in e. g. a CSV file or so.

This way I could check trends on e. g. sleep quality, nutrition and the like much more easily.

This is far from perfect, but it’s the best I know of for a quick review of notes in rides.

2 Likes