Feature request: place cancel in between save & close and discard & close

Each time I end a workout prematurely, which is often the case as I extend cool-down by 5 minutes and stop after 4 or so, I start anxiously sweating about pressing the correct button on the mobile app.

Currently, the options it displays are:
Save & Close
Discard & Close
Cancel

These are all part of the same callbox and are very very closely spaced together. I’m always super nervous about accidentally pressing slightly too low and selecting ‘Discard & Close’. Can this be changed to:
Save & Close
Cancel
Discard & Close

This would minimize the risk of accidentally deleting your workout if you’re still trembling from your latest interval…

6 Likes

I would take it a step further and just eliminate the Discard & Close button for the same reasons listed above.

Ending a workout early is now a common thing, ever since the Extend Cooldown feature was added.

It’s easy enough to delete a ride after the fact.

3 Likes

If you choose discard and close you get a confirmation, so if you hit it on accident you can just hit no and you’re good. That’s why we put these so close together (because it makes sense in a data hierarchy way and you aren’t committed to your final choice.

1 Like

good to know there is a confirmation when you ‘choose’ to discard! I did not have the guts to push the discard button to see what would happen :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Sadly I must’ve missed that as I’ve just discarded a ramp test! Doh!

In app recycle bin please, I have a workout to do again…

Email support@trainerroad.com and they may have access to your results and preclude the need for a 2nd test.

2 Likes

I have emailed support…and done the test again…5W higher than the first :slight_smile:

I think it was a combination of reaching over to Finish the test, and the other pop ups to accept reject the result and “ramp brain” so I must’ve multiple tapped or something.

5 Likes

… and asking if I want to keep my new FTP in the five seconds immediately following my ramp test?? Maybe its just me, but this is probably the most important question I’ll answer this month :wink: and it’s being asked in the five seconds where I am least mentally equipped to answer. I think the end of the workout would be a great time to ask this.

1 Like

support has saved a ride for me before. gotta have that TSS baby…

1 Like

Doesn’t work for ftp tests unfortunately but it’s no biggie for me

Personally, I want to

1. always accept the new FTP unless I mess the test up.

2. not have to wait for the 5 min cool down to know my numbers :smile:

1 Like

Maybe post the pending FTP once the rider bails and selects to do the cool downs as an immediate FYI.

Then offer the accept/reject option at the end of the cool down, once we have our heads on straight?

2 Likes