Feature Request: Skip forward to cooldown

When you need to cut a workout short, it’d be nice to have an easy option to skip to the cooldown. On the Android app, the only option is to end the workout.

I see that this has been discussed before. Just wanted to make it an official feature request. Thanks.

5 Likes

Try this.

3 Likes

Thanks for the link. I’ll try that out next time. I wonder how easy it will be to select the exact start of the cooldown section especially with the mobile app. When adjusting the intensity, I often have to poke it multiple times for it to take affect. It seems like you have to hit the + or - area just right.

About skipping to cooldown, I was thinking of a “Cooldown Now” option similar to the Extend Cooldown option. This would be obvious and easy.

I’m with you on this @dlec10. The scrubbing isn’t really a valid option when in the middle of a workout. At least when using your phone.

If you’re on a laptop or desktop and find it hard to hit the + or - buttons while riding you can just hit the up or down arrow keys to change the percentage as long as TrainerRoad is the active window.

Evidently this feature never got picked up. Sometimes when I want/need to stop a work out early or skip the last rep or whatever, it’d be nice to just have a button that says “Skip to cool down”, instead of having to scrub around.

Is there a reason you don’t just pause the workout and use the “End Workout” option?

@mcneese.chad’s suggestion is a good one here, especially with the scope of Adaptive Training in considering the work you are doing: it’s okay to just end the workout early and save.

Regarding this feature request not getting picked up yet: I’ll reiterate to the team that athletes would like this, but want to make sure to set a clear expectation that developer efforts are focused on high-priority releases and fixes at the moment.
I’ll provide an update on this thread if and when there is any new information available on this request!

2 Likes

Well that just ends the workout there and then. What if I still want to do a cool down, or keep riding but at a lower intensity?

2 Likes

Then you use the scrub feature for now.

It’s not perfect, but it’s all we have until TR considers if they will implement the feature request mentioned above.