Favero Assioma Users

Exactly what is happening here I believe, so there is more side to side movement at the heel here despite the same advertised number. Granted I may get used to it before spring comes around, but i could see this potentially being better for out of the saddle where the shoe has move pivot instead of transferring the forces into the knee, but I don’t know. All I know is that it feels different, it literally feels like almost double the float from before.

1 Like

Torque = force times moment arm, and power = torque times rpm. The pedal mesures the force, and calculates the torque (and hence the power, at a given cadence) based on the moment arm, the crank length in our case. At a given force and cadence, the longer the moment arm, the higher the power. Over-estimate the crank length, you will over-estimate the power.

2 Likes

Just using this example, it appears to make sense with the differences.

54% of 212 = 114
Stages L: 114wx2= 228

Your second example doing Antelope doesn’t quite line up with the above calculation though.

Left/right imbalance tends to disappear at threshold and above.

I am so sorry, my notification for this was lost in my email. Here is the link for this mod.

2 Likes

Anyone else have a situation where if they calibrate their assiomas through the TR software it gives a value of -1 but if I pair to my Wahoo headunit and do it I get a 0.

Not sure what these numbers even mean just that they’re different

Do you still get the ‘calibration successful’ message with the -1 result on your Wahoo? I was under the impression that we need a 0 for a successful cal, so I’m just curious if a -1 is also considered a success?

Also, you’re connecting to both with the same mode, or ANT+ on one and BLE on the other?

I use TR for zero offset indoors and my Garmin for outdoors, both connected via ANT+. Usually I always get a 0, but a couple of times I got an error, so I spin the crank and zero again.

I vaguely recall getting a -1 result at some point, I can’t remember the exact circumstances, but I think it may have been in the Favero App after a firmware update, which would have meant I was in BLE.

1 Like

I connect the Favero to TR via BT through my Mac that I run it on. If I do the calibration through TR I get -1 in the TR program on the computer. But if I disconnect and calibrate them via my Wahoo I get 0. Turn off the wahoo, repair to TR, do their calibration at the same crank position (6:00 and 12:00) and still get a -1

Check out my post on this issue, which includes a reply from TR support:

1 Like

Is this normal for unified L? Left pedal seems to have less charge than the right

Happens to me too. Hasn’t affected the pedals at all - I always charge at around 25%.

I did have one event where the right went completely flat for no apparent reason (had to switch to left only for that ride). I then charged it up again and the issue hasn’t returned.

1 Like

@Cleanneon98 - I would hold off doing a Firmware upgrade on the pedals (just in case you were to have opened a support ticket and a FW upgrade was what is being suggested) … see my recent post with the issues I’m having.

Now, it goes without saying that just coz I have an issue that doesn’t indicate you/others will also … but I did want to share this (as I’m tracking all Assioma posts at the moment to see what other issues are being experienced … #desperatetogetminefixed :slight_smile: )

I haven’t opened a ticket cause I just figured more L side drain is to be expected using the unified L Channel but was wondering. I have no freezing or dropping issues to report

Thanks. I was going to juice them back up but I’ll wait a few more weeks and see how the battery usage is going forward

Having Assioma Duo and a Tacx Neo 2T. Loving them all.

It feels like the Neo reads slightly higher than Assiomas, at least, in the low powers. It also seems to be vice versa in higher powers — the pedals seem to read higher than the Neo.

Haven’t done proper testing.

Measured the FTP outside, on Assiomas and Edge. Came home, entered that into the Tacx app, and the app offers me training plans that are way too easy.

I have left pedal only, and still on the older firmware because i saw multiple users indicating not to upgrade. Is this still the case? Its working perfectly fine and I don’t see a reason to upgrade (@GPLama?)

sorry… jetlag Which firmware? Assioma? 4.04 has been good for me.

Yes, assioma. Ah ok ok, thank you!

1 Like

Hi all, question for you is there any real world benefit from a set of Assioma Duos to a set of Unos, I know you you can see your L/R balance but in the real world does this matter, if I’m riding at 250W on a set of Duos it’s still going to feel the same riding 250W on a set of Unos?? yes.
I’m thinking of getting a set but cant see the justification for the extra cost of the Duos

I think you answered your own question :+1:t2:

2 Likes