Favero Assioma Users

How would one perform the status weight test, for curiosity

I was trying to follow @GPLama video here:

I was able to do the Assioma test exactly how he did it… but no chance to do the Quarq Dzero like he does at time 10:51 - My app shows nothing under Nm.

1 Like

Ask, and you shall know.

What did you use for the weight? Most people don’t have a weight that is accurate enough to set these values absolutely.

I used a 20lb kettlebell that was actually weighted and measures 19.8lbs.
This is likely the reason my strength training is not going well… :neutral_face:

are you confident that the scale you used to weigh the kettlebell is accurate enough to use to adjust your power meter? accuracy is a tricky game…

This. Some scales will give you measurements in tenths (0.1) resolution, but may only be accurate to +/- 2. If it’s just a household scale chances are that the manufacturer is lying about the accuracy of that it’s drifted over time.

As a general rule, for better accuracy you want to use a scale that has a range (max weight) of not much higher than the weight you are measuring.

I think I am about to pull the trigger on a set of DUO’s… I have a Garmin Edge 810 and just wanted to see if anyone was using the DUO’s with this Garmin head unit and had any problems to report? Couple of reference to 810’s in the thread but thought I would check anyway. Thanks!

I used the 810 before I switched to 1030 Plus or Pro or whatever it is.

I didn’t have any problems with the 810 related to the pedals. The 1030 ironed out a lot of other issues and I don’t regret the upgrade, but none of the issues had anything to do with the Assioma pedals. They just worked.

The 1030 is easier because if I move the pedals to another bike, it just finds them. With the 810 I had to have separate profiles for different bikes. With the 1030 you pair with sensors, and it finds them, no matter which bike you move them to. That is convenient, but not a deal breaker.

Daniel

1 Like

Thanks @dlridings for taking the time to respond. I can handle the slight inconvenience for now no worries - looks like I will purchase the pedals later today :smiley:

Just following up on my post above. Received my pedals and have now have them set up on the trainer bike (original Tacx Neo) for this week so do some dual recording to check accuracy and setup etc. After a zero-offset, first workout with them this morning and the results were as follows:

Pedals tracking higher than the Neo by a pretty constant % it would seem. Thoughts? Generally as expected?

At the end of the week the pedals will be going on the outdoor bike and I will decide if I will continue to swap them between indoor/ bike and use power match or make an offset on the pedals to align with the Neo and keep them for outdoors only…

1 Like

Generally as expected. I have a similar % discrepancy between Duo pedals vs Kickr Core (Duo pedals read higher). I suspect it the accuracy difference comes from two sources:

1. Estimated RPM vs Measured RPM. I think most smart trainers estimate RPM.
  2. Smart trainers obviously measure power at a different point in the system and I’m not sure how (or if?) they account for drivetrain loses?

Dear @gsumida, I have just posted here on this subject:

I used to be very happy with how close Assioma Duo and Kickr Core measured power.

Unfortunately, I had to replace the Kickr Core and the new unit (from another company) doesn’t compare that well.
I still hope to fix the Wahoo unit and that the other company improves the behavior and calibration of the new trainer.

Cheers!

1 Like

Is that analysis from DCRainmaker’s tool or something else?

I’ve been dual recording Assioma’s with Neo OG this week and they are very close in average (1-3 watts), but I would like to look a little closer at it

1 Like

I used Zwift Power analysis tool which is free. Let us know how you get on!

1 Like

The only RPM that’s of any use to a trainer when measuring power is the wheel/freewheel speed. Cadence is of no use since that’s not where the force/torque is measured. And wheel/freewheel speed is measured, not estimated.

1 Like

Golden Cheetah works pretty well for me.

Just had a quick look - a handy tool thanks

Came out close enough i wouldn’t worry about it again. Assioma’s less than 1% higher ave power over Neo OG., but higher than that in CP short timeframes

Cadence is a bit higher, which fits as i always feel my cadence is slightly higher on the Neo than it reads.

1 Like

Does anyone has an idea which side does the assioma duo transmits to devices? (Driver or non drive side)

Not sure if I understand the question correctly, but in ANT+ the left pedal handles the communication of outputs from both pedals. In BT, you can either have the same, or both pedals reporting independently.

1 Like