Stretching information and resources:
- (We will update this lead post with appropriate info over time.)
5 Stretches Every Cyclist Should Know
- The Official TrainerRoad blog post with Coach Chad’s essential stretches.
- Note: as of February 5, 2018
Updated info from Coach Chad on September 27, 2018
- I think every athlete, every person , should own:
- Between the two, I promise you’ll be surprised by just how many issues can be improved and even fully corrected on your own. And the trickle down (up?) improvements in one area on many others is nothing short of amazing.
The stretches in the video were my 5 most utilized at the time, but I’m always learning new stuff and experimenting in hopes of discovering anything that improves my mobility and resolves the movement limitations and excessive muscle tension that literally keep me up at night. In that vein, but more oriented toward equipment/props, I think every athlete, every person, should own one of these as well as a copy of Kelly Starrett’s “Becoming a Supple Leopard”. Between the two, I promise you’ll be surprised by just how many issues can be improved and even fully corrected on your own. And the trickle down (up?) improvements in one area on many others is nothing short of amazing.
Awesome! Thanks for the updated info.
(I will update the lead post to include it.)
I’m currently reading through Becoming a Supple Leopard. It’s more like a textbook but I’ve really enjoyed the content. It’s a must for any athlete.
@mcneese.chad Official Forum Moderator
Ha, thanks. Not really, but I am trying to do what I can to help this new forum become the “go-to” resource for training.
Editing and updating as needed to keep it current and useful to everyone
I own a copy of Becoming a Supple Leopard (recommended from someone else) but at best I’ve only used it for weight training (It is a big manual!)
This is my kick up to actually read it.
@mcneese.chad Keep up the good work. I for one consider you a good source of knowledge (since I bother you on occasion with random questions).