Espresso DOES make you faster

That is beautiful, like a 1970s Campag groupset on a Pinarello. I can almost taste your espresso, my mouth is actually watering!

1 Like

@JT_34 - Parent of a middle-schooler here. Two words: THANK. YOU.

I’m just rocking an old gaggia classic I picked up. I’ll be honest, it’s my go to on a tough swim, but will also be utilized before certain TR Devil workouts, read: Morgan, Charybdin, Sierra etc.
Mmmmm, extraction video!

Still working on the art factor.

6 Likes

I’m a bit of a coffee nerd…

14 Likes

What grinder is that? The often overlooked and crucial part of the process!

1 Like

SO TRUE! The grind will make or break the espresso. The best tamping, extraction, temp control, etc… all worthless if the grind sucks.

It’s the Rocket Fausto.

1 Like

Nice. Quite an investment for a home setup! I approve of your dedication to caffeine.

1 Like

Thanks! I agree way over the top…

1 Like

$1500 trainer, $7000 bike, $100 subscription to TrainerRoad… it’s all relative!! I’m just as bad with my coffee addiction.

3 Likes

Some of us have to make do with dolce gusto pal, but I find the stronger espresso ones are relatively decent as a stand-alone caffeine hit!

1 Like

Living the dream.

I actually use my aeropress to compact little rice cakes. Maybe this is sacrilegious? I recall @Jonathan looking for ideas. Try it!

4 Likes

Haha love it! I am definitely going to give it a crack!

I have the same and it’s been great!

How many paper disks in the aeropress for a solid rice cake that won’t breakup in the jersey pocket :nerd_face:

So what beans do you all buy and do you roast your own? I heard you can do it with an old school popcorn popper. I dont drink coffee but my wife loves a nice cupnof dark roast.

I have a subscription from Latigo Coffee as well as buy roasted beans locally, anything from 2-7 days off roast. Anything beyond 14 days and the quality for espresso starts to drop off.

1 Like

This is brilliant Grez!!!

1 Like

What you need is a siphon press :sunglasses:

1 Like