Energy Gel that taste better?

any recommendation? i have tried "

High5
SIS
GU energy gel.

am looking for something that taste better

Sooooo good: SiS Salted Strawberry

4 Likes

I enjoy Hammer Nutrition stuff. Apple tastes a whole lot like apple pie. And huckleberry is a pure taste of Montana. Banana is also a favorite of mine.

2 Likes

I live the canaberry from sprint energy.

1 Like

I like Maurten mainly because it doesn’t taste like much of anything.

7 Likes

Torq gels are really nice.

1 Like

8 Likes

Go to the LBS and buy one of each until you find the flavor you like. Taste is an individual thing.

5 Likes

I use Velofrote and find them very good - all natural ingredients etc.

Where are you based? Not sure if only available in the UK though…

I’ve been extremely happy with SIS. Bought a variety pack.
Tutti Fruiti is pretty good.

Hump

4 Likes

I like the SIS flavors, the consistency, on the other hand, takes some getting used to.

1 Like

This is funny…I honestly think this is the worst SIS flavor.

Another funny one…I love the SIS consistency but don’t really enjoy any of the flavors. I feel they taste like medicine.

This is exactly why people should buy the variety pack or hit the lbs and buy one of each. Everyone likes different things. Good luck!

2 Likes

Torq do some good flavours but are pricey in comparison to some other brands.

The lemon drizzle cherry bakewell pretty much get me on the bike on their own.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I’m glad you said that cause I’ve tried those and if emptiness had a taste, that’s it… :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Try “TheFeed.com"… they have a variety of different gels you can get/try until you find the one(s) you like…

2 Likes

Precision Hydration has some good mild tasting gels - available in two sizes. I really like them and they’re easy on my stomach.

Try PNG. I love the Orange Cream and Watermon Cucumber! Haven’t tried the Lemon Meringue yet as they have been sold out. I had never heard of them till this year. Tried a few and I was impressed. Just about the perfect consistency in my opinion.

I tried the Never2nd gels that Alex Wild talked about. Same consistency as SiS. Lemon/lime is okay, Berry is delicious haven’t tried Cola yet.

1 Like

In general, I agree with you, but have you tried the Salted Strawberry flavor? It’s dangerously good. It’s the only sports energy gel I’ve every been tempted to eat off the bike.

2 Likes

Amen. It’s one if it’s biggest selling points for me. I’ve tried to recreate it w/ homemade mixes of malto and fructose but I just can’t get that “nothing” taste.