Elite Suito - Erg Issue

Hello.

I am new to the smart trainer world. I have an Elite Suito. I am able to connect to the program, calibrate the speed, place in ERG mode, but when I go to do the ramp test I am not getting increasing resistance. I have completed it 4 times now and am unable to figure out the issue. I also, connect with zwift because it came with 1 mo free, and the resistance works fine with the free rides - simulating mountain climbs. I can’t find any fix for trainerroad at this time. I have also completed two other workouts and no increase in resistance. I connect via blue tooth and have tried both my phone and my computer without success. Any advice welcomed! Thank you for your time and help.

hm I have an Elite Suito as well and it works flawlessly. I guess it’s best if you contact TR support and/or Elite support. They can help figure out technical problems.

3 Likes

How far into the ramp test are you going before you stop and are you stopping because you cannot achieve target power due to lack of resistance?

Additionally have you connected to the Upgrado app to check if you have a firmware update?

This happen exactly the same with an elite directo

I started the ramp test and the resistance do not increase. I’ve to use gears to match power target and add high cadence.

How did fou fixed it?

@mrcasal …hiya…seems as though the Trainer isn’t connected to Trainer road??

are you attempting to perform Ramp Test from TR?
when you start the test is the “devices” shown in green on the phone screen, there should also be the number of devices “paired”

Worth checking through what you see on screen when you’re doing the test

I fear my Elite Suito is dying. Just did Taylor -1 and had to reset it a couple of times during the workout, when ERG mode failed to up the resistance for a work interval. Also felt like it was struggling to maintain resistance in erg - just a few watts under target. Briefly put it in resistance mode and it was all over the place.

Any words of encouragement, or should I get ready to load it into the trebuchet and give it a warrior’s burial? Latest firmware, calibrated through e-training, etc…

The Suito always struggles with short sharp VO2Max intervals (actually I think a lot of trainers will). My Suito has been struggling with them from day 1 but is still going strong (not died) on other sessions and RGT virtual rides. Anyway on VO2Max sessions it’s MO that its better to do them in resistance mode and push to your true oxygen max and not be restricted by ERG and a power zone which may not reflect it.

1 Like

Thanks, good to hear I haven’t been alone! Update - I gave my trainer a really good clean (disgusting isn’t the word, ceramic chain lube chunks all over it, and god knows what else…) and I tightened the bolt that retains the freehub. Then I calibrated, and since then it’s been absolutely fine. I hear you on the resistance mode thing, generally I agree. I’m just coming into ssb2 after a while of having done very little over threshold for a couple of months, so using erg mode for me right now is a way of not letting my enthusiasm run away with me and leaving enough in the tank to hit all my workouts…as I move towards build I’ll be changing that up. I do struggle to see some of the logic behind some of the TR 30/30 type progressions, I have to admit…makes more sense to me to consistently do something like taylor or gendarme and focus on upping the power each time…

1 Like