Earthing: Health Implications of Reconnecting the Human Body to the Earth's Surface Electrons

UPDATE: Seems like the only thing i learned here is to trust my gut… and websites as “National Center for Biotechnology Information Search database” can’t be a Credible source of information.

I need som smart people to read this and tell me there is nothing to this…
Otherwise lets find a way of implementing this in our healthy lifestyles together.

Qoutes from the page:
“Most grounded subjects described symptomatic improvement while most in the control group did not.”

“Graph (a) illustrates the wide variation of patterns among study participants prior to grounding, while (b) shows a realignment and normalization trend of patterns after six weeks of sleeping grounded.”

" Each method (patch and sheet) immediately reduced the common alternating current (AC) 60 Hz ambient voltage induced on the body by a highly significant factor of about 70 on average. Figure 2 shows this effect."

" Taken together, the changes in EEG, EMG, and BVP suggest reductions in overall stress levels and tensions and a shift in ANS balance upon earthing. The results extend the conclusions of previous studies."

“Earthing research, observations, and related theories raise an intriguing possibility about the Earth’s surface electrons as an untapped health resource—the Earth as a “global treatment table.” Emerging evidence shows that contact with the Earth—whether being outside barefoot or indoors connected to grounded conductive systems—may be a simple, natural, and yet profoundly effective environmental strategy against chronic stress, ANS dysfunction, inflammation, pain, poor sleep, disturbed HRV, hypercoagulable blood, and many common health disorders, including cardiovascular disease. The research done to date supports the concept that grounding or earthing the human body may be an essential element in the health equation along with sunshine, clean air and water, nutritious food, and physical activity.” - added later

Is there any article here on TR about this ? (I searched and could not find one)…

Have anyone here implemented “Grounding” in anyway and felt or seen results hereof?

Not come across this specifically, but getting outside and reminding ourselves we are part of a wider ecosystem is always going to have positive health benefits (unless one suffers from severe climate anxiety or other relevant conditions).

Links between green/blue space and mental/physical health are (fairly) well accepted.

The reminder of our eco system and just being outside is not being the topic here.

I do not think you came across specifically at all.

I do not mean to offend just have an open discussion about the subject at hand.

Just making a wider point. Haven’t read the paper, but it’s an interesting concept.

1 Like

one example of the use of “grounding”, seems to be as directly connected to cycling as : Grounding/Earthing Technology used in the Tour de France - YouTube

Disclosure G. Chevalier, S. T. Sinatra, and J. L. Oschman are independent contractors for Earthx L. Inc., the company sponsoring earthing research, and own a small percentage of shares in the company.

Looks like about a third of their references are articles the authors wrote and most of the rest (maybe about 80-90% of the remainder) are media reports on their own research. So it’s basically them reporting on their own theories, but without any further research

So…no, doesn’t seem legit

5 Likes

This is 99.9% BS. There is no difference between “earth surface electrons” and electrons of any other kind.

And the average person grounds themselves 100s of times each day.

Edit: changed from 100% to 99.9%. Need to keep an open mind.

9 Likes

I wonder if Charles McGill did the study, though he could probably figure out that 22+28=\ =60

3 Likes

Ben Greenfield talks a lot about this stuff. I like a lot of what he has to say but when he talks about grounding and wifi, smart meters, and 5G being bad for you, he’s lost me. My inclination is that it’s all BS until proven otherwise.

1 Like

ty for your observations

:joy: ty for your comment

I’ve had my bedroom upstairs for most of my life. To counteract any un-grounding, I regularly crash my bike into the Earth.

Seriously, there have been some wack-a-doodle journal articles lately that have somehow made it through peer review (usually dubiously credentialed peers). We’re calling it an Info-demic, since it seems to have manifested into a problem during COVID-19.
I’m pretty sure grounding is rubbish.

3 Likes

Sounds like something you might hear in Sedona in the same sentence as “vortex” :rofl:

1 Like

You only have to skim read this to see the absolutely glaring holes in this “research”. How the heck any of this garbage actually gets published is beyond me!!

I’m going to doing a “blinded” study where I strap wires to some peoples beds and others “blindly” sleep in a faraday cage while I bombard them with lightening. I ask for volunteers to self-select themselves for each group.

2 Likes

Ooooh ask me about how crystals can change your life :alien:

1 Like

I’ll ask my one of my sisters:

She is down in NM talking a 4 month class on Ancestral, Folk, and Indigenous Medicine. Hmm, do you think earth surface electrons were a thing in ancient times?