Deals / Sales / Discounts for Cycling "Stuff" (2018-2022)

Silca is selling the 8 oz. bottle of Super Secret chain wax for the same price as the 4 oz. bottle - $25. Price is good through the weekend.

6 Likes

Smith has 20% off sunglasses and rx sunglasses

https://www.smithoptics.com/

1 Like

Edit to add the other stuff that just debuted (the above was a ‘VIP’ access notification).

4 Likes

If you’re an engineer type who enjoys facebook group advice for DIY you are probably fine. If you try contacting Saris customer support you will be ghosted. Unlike racks, trainers is inherently a support-intensive business with so many platforms/bikes/devices/integrations. Everything working great and then Apple breaks half your customer base with a x.1 release. Thousands of permutations of customer environments. It’s just very different support animal than a bike rack business.

My H3 seemed to struggle under hard efforts and require a reboot (usually during a Zwift race or group ride). I was happy to have purchased from REI and able to return the the unit within 12 months. Seems like stationary bikes would accommodate a more sustainable business model.

Competitive cyclist has a 25% off sale on specialized s-works recons. And moosejaw has a 20% off a full price item promo going on.

Ordered a pair of recon laces and a pair of fizik ferox carbon to fight it out…

2 Likes

Waiting for this too, slowly running out of SiS stuff :grimacing:

2 Likes

REI is having their holiday sale with a lot of cycling stuff

3 Likes

Yes and need more beta fuel for sure.

Just checked their “sale”. they’ve marked up the boxes to $65 each which means even with a 25% discount you’re getting 2 boxes for $100 instead of 3. At 2 bucks a gel, and eight gels a ride, I’d be paying more in gels a week than gas.

3 Likes

I’m sure y’all know this already, but the Nuun Strava Challenge is pretty easy to do and yields a 30% discount code on individual tubes (not 8-packs). Brings a tube of Nuun Sport, for example, from $7.49 to $5.24.

If you buy enough of those, it adds up. For my family, it just saved us almost $200. :grin:

4 Likes

Urban Cycling is having a 4th of July sale, 20% code is Freedom20, through July 8th. I have a couple of their products that I really like, especially the winter bibs (I have no affiliation with them)

Addidas (and by extension Five Ten) is having a 30% off sale. I scored some either aggressively cool or aggressively ugly gravel shoes for about $70

4 Likes

@Pbase Saris has too much inventory and are filing for a modified bankruptcy plan and also putting the company up for sale. Wahoo also announced price drops recently as well - 10 to 20% off most products presumably due to the actions of Saris but maybe also in conjunction with the start of the TDF:

1 Like

REI is selling the H3 for <$700 as well.

• Maybe these will stick and become the new MSRP, but from what I have seen, those discounts are short term sales. They still show the “Reg” pricing at the previous levels. Could be these will always be “on sale” too vs dropping MSRP too. More than one way for them to alter the effective base price.

Just got an email from Mike’s Bikes that a bunch of Santa Cruz MTBs are on sale this weekend. We could be seeing the beginning of the end of the bubble, but it remains to be seen where we end up - I’m not sure what the ‘new normal’ will be.

3 Likes

I saw that as well. It looks to be mostly bikes in the 7-10k range and the Chameleon. Prices are “marked down” to the price point is where it was 6 months ago before the latest few rounds of increases.

1 Like

I’ve also seen local LBS posting sales on bikes to social media. Big change from “we got this one bike in today come get it now it will be gone by the end of the day”.

1 Like

@mcneese.chad I bet that the industry doesn’t know the answer to that yet. There was clearly a ramp up during the pandemic compounded by supply chain issues and then ongoing supply chain issues probably led to planning for more inventory gong forward as a precaution. In addition to the higher inventory there are plenty of used trainers on the market for sale and it is also the summer season so many are heading outdoors or maybe even back to the gym - hurting demand even more. It will be bumpy for a while for the industry but definitely good for the consumer at the moment.

1 Like

Also, I think the market for trainers is unlikely to be representative of the overall cycling market. I do think we will see an overall correction, but my guess is that trainers will be a bigger bubble than the overall cycling market.

1 Like