Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2019

@mcneese.chad - Hope this is ok, feel free to merge into the deals thread if not.

First - I know we already have a deals thread, but I thought it might be ok to make a specific thread for the upcoming weekend. In particular, I was thinking we could list our wants and crowdsource the best deals. The idea is the thread should die out after the weekend and upcoming week - not be a permanent repository of deals, because we already have a thread for that. Just hoping we could help each other out in the information barrage that is to come.

Anyways - for me - I’m looking for:

Hyperice Hypervolt Massage gun (Plus or regular)
Shimano Ultegra 11s groupset (disc)
Bontrager Aeolus XXX4 Wheelset rim brake (freebody doesn’t matter)
Zipp 303 Firecrest or better rim brake (again, freebody doesn’t matter)

I know someone in a different thread used the REI 20% off one item sale on the hypervolt… something to consider since that thing is never on sale.

1 Like

I’m looking for a Park Tool workstand and spoke tension gauge. If anyone sees any deals on them that would be awesome!

Just use rei 20% off for the workstand

1 Like

RedShift Sports will have 25% off all their products, starting tomorrow and runs 48 hours.

3 Likes

I have no idea if they work or not, but be sure to try before you buy if noise level is any consideration. I know two different people who returned them due to how loud they are.

Also, a while back I saw a how to video on creating your own with a cordless drill and a few accessories. If you’re interested, check YouTube.

Good luck!

1 Like

I recently sold a pair of used 303 NSW on eBay with VERY little mileage and got absolutely robbed. If you’re interested in buying used, my sale is proof that there are some amazing deals to be had if you get lucky.

I’m not an REI member.

Its cheap to be one

1 Like

Roka’s having a 50% off sale for Black Friday if that’s up anyone’s alley. Love their sunglasses.

1 Like

I’ve found many great deals with “Online Swap Meet for Cycling and Triathlon” group via Facebook.

Also, I’ve been very successful finding amazing deals on “SidelineSwap” for buying used alpine ski gear. I’ve not spent much time in the cycling specific section but, it looks promising.

2 Likes

Bike Tires Direct is doing a sale on Park tools, up to 25% through tomorrow.

2 Likes

Jenson has some great BF deals, but I jumped on some silly cheap tools:

I grabbed one of each of the cassette lock ring tools, a whip, cable cutter and several others that were 50% or more discount.

2 Likes

Stages has everything 30% off for Black Friday. I finally pulled the trigger on a power meter so I can do some outdoor workouts next year!

[https://store.stagescycling.com/](https://store.stagescycling.com/)
1 Like

For any runners, 30% off Asics gear. I just picked up a couple pairs of Gel Kayano 25s @$70 (USD), and GT-2000-7 for $63.

code BLACKFRIDAY

1 Like

ENVE is having an awesome trade up policy, with $600 trade in credit for metal rim wheels, and more for ENVE wheels. I absolutely feel my ENVE wheels are the fastest I’ve ever been on. You can use your local dealer, online at ENVE.com or any online retailer. It’s really an awesome opportunity to upgrade to a set you’ll never regret.

3 Likes

Also, race entry discounts as announced by USAT. https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Triathlon/Black-TRIday

Some pretty nice deals on a LOT of races.

1 Like

I’ve had mine for about a month now. I love it and I paid full price.

If you have a partner you’re looking to get into indoor training and don’t have a whole room to dedicate to it, it’s really nice, easy to adjust and the overall floorprint is considerably smaller than a bike on a trainer. Super quiet too.

I don’t know how often Enve wheels are discounted but I came across this deal and it seems to good to be true. Am I missing something? I’m tempted to buy a set! I just don’t know if the width would be a issue on my Giant TCR.
https://mybikeshop.com/products/enve-ses-7-8-carbon-clincher-road-wheel-set-dt240-black

1 Like

If you are looking for deeper wheels and have rim brakes, these are a great option. Enve moved away from DT Swiss hubs to cut costs, but the 240s are a awesome hub.

I can’t comment on clearance issues with TCR.