Cycling Memes and Jokes

Charles’ Law in action. Those laws of physics. (Someone left a scuba tank in their car on a hot day. When it went, it blew out windows, of a rental car. The id10t tried to sue the dive shop. The judge reportedly laughed before he dismissed the suit)

Something that might work: I had something on the carpet in my car, tried to vacuum it up, and it didn’t work. It was in the nap pretty deep. What worked was using a hair brush that broke it up and actually brought it to the surface. The vacuum was then able to get it all, and it took a few minutes, and no rug shampoo/cleaner chemicals. It worked like magic. You could never tell it had happened. Weird…

2 Likes

Hoookay, I’ve just got my first tubeless bike and started driving it to a ride each week…

How hot in Celsius is risking this kind of damage? Tyres at 60-80psi.

Looks like high that day was 88 f so 31c. Black car black interior black tint, not sure how hot it got inside but there is a reason I opened the windows with the remote that day before getting in… And first thought a bird pooped in the open window when I saw the mess, then remembered I had just opened the windows.

They were set to 70psi the day before, I had planned to ride but it rained, so left bike in car to possibly ride the next day. I’m sure they bled down some but when I reached back to see how they felt in the morning they hadn’t lost too much.

1 Like

Depends how long the car is locked up too & which way it’s facing. On a day that topped out at 30°C I’ve measured 60°C inside a silver car with light tint left in the sun for most of the day. In the context of bicycle tyre pressures, it’s probably a 10% increase in pressure, given the percentage increase in temperature w.r.t zero kelvin. Next question: what about changes to the structural properties of wheels & tyres elevated to 60°C or more? I’m thinking about things like resin stability within the carbon layers.

1 Like

So much this, you’ve been wanting quit the whole time until that final set and then I stick on the (fitting to the meme) Doom Eternal sound track - The Only Thing They Fear is You.

Infinite power enabled :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I enjoyed it. You gotta give people time. Not everyone logs in daily.

1 Like

IMG_6700

25 Likes

32 Likes

38 Likes

from Phil Gaimon’s Strava

48 Likes

Nice

1 Like

(You ARE washing your bike too much!)

I’m not a “print a meme” type. BUT this now hangs on my office- er, cubicle wall.

2 Likes

34 Likes

The worst part is out of all my hobbies cycling is by far the closest to this number lol

4 Likes

There are other hobbies besides cycling??

16 Likes

:joy:

Bike mechanic, cycling pundit, cycling training filer analyzer, bike forum expert (looking at you Chad), bike retail secret shopper (my fave), bike race consumer

I could go on for days

6 Likes

Scuba diving, cars, motorcycles, computers, travel (also a component of diving), marriage, etc…

I replaced my 15+ year old scuba gear. Kept thinking of what kind of bike I could buy with that money. Do I have a biking or money problem? They with the most toys wins?

3 Likes

255 has to be due to a programming error right? Like it just hit FF or 11111111?

Or did they mean week?

Must be week

7 Likes