Cycling Memes and Jokes

Someone flagged it, but it IS a fact, and unfortunately not funny at all.

4 Likes

23 Likes

Love how my post got flagged and it was a joke response to the above post; meanwhile they post a bunch of similar graphs and it’s cool. Not sure how that was on topic. They were being so serious and defensive about the US and science and I felt like poking a little fun at it. But apparently not allowed. Maybe should have included a meme about cycling infrastructure in the US and it would have been approved, but if we’re talking bike lanes in the US…

30 Likes

This, on it self, is a very good joke…

8 Likes

We’ve had some new extreme off road bike paths installed lately.

14 Likes

I thought there used to be a website associated with it but I think it’s now only a book. Do a search for “Crap Cycle Lanes” for some (I repeat some) of the stupid/embarrassing/humorous British cycle infrastructure, just click on the images tab.

3 Likes

11 Likes

There’s a “hold my beer” meme in here somewhere, I just can’t find a good one.

3 Likes

Looks like a road that Google Maps would route me to while trying to get to the cyclocross race.

2 Likes

That watch for bikes sign was in Dana Point, right near me.
More SoCal silliness, while driving the freeways this past weekend a number of the electric signs had a message of something like watch for bicyclists or move over for bicyclists. On the freeway, where bikes are not allowed.
Decent message, wrong venue

Not strictly true. You can (or have to if you don’t have a Pendleton pass) ride the shoulder of the 5 from Las Pulgas Rd to Oceanside

3 Likes

I agree that the message was out of place on the freeway. I saw the signage last Saturday on the 15 and 215. This picture is stolen from Reddit:

Riding I-5 past Pendleton is different since you’re on the shoulder and not ‘taking the lane’. And on streets where you should take the lane I prefer signage that says ‘Bikes May Use Full Lane’ over ‘Share The Road’ but that’s another topic…

2 Likes

(some metric, some imperial)

22 Likes

17 Likes

I’ve already ridden more miles in 2022 than I’ve ever ridden in any previous entire year.
All the events are spread out several weeks apart, but I still may end up:
mortylegs

6 Likes

Are the century races or just “for fun” events?

1 Like

Just for fun, so the only one I’m competing against is myself. Over 6’3" and 200+ pounds, I’m not foolish to think I’m gonna win any races…

1 Like

If it’s for fun, no big issue… Just make sure you eat a ton and you will be fine… I haven’t make a century in 8 years and i am sure i can do one now with proper nutrition and if i slow down enough

2 Likes

I’m aware of Pendleton and other areas bikes are allowed. The sections I was traveling was 405 thru Irvine, Costa Mesa, HB = definite no bike zone

Turns out that people who spend all their time on forums want to be on their own

from “gears with chad” thread…

5 Likes