17 Likes

20 Likes

I feel personally attacked.

I like the one that say,

“People say money doesn’t buy happiness. I would like to prove them wrong”

That’s not comedy. That’s wisdom.

I saw this on twitter someone say
“행복을 돈으로 살 수 없다면, 혹시 돈이 모자란건 아닌지 확인해봅시다.”

Google translate works well on this quote.

“If you can’t buy happiness with money, let’s see if you don’t have enough money.”

personally I think later part can be “make sure you have enough money”

2 Likes

51 Likes

On the money topic i like the quote i have heard somewhere (Woody Allen movie, perhaps) which goes:

„money can’t buy happiness, but i would prefer to cry in a Ferrari”

10 Likes

Daniel Tosh had a very similar joke- “They say 'Money doesn’t buy happiness.” Uh, do you live in America? It buys a WaveRunner. Have you ever seen a sad person on a WaveRunner?"

8 Likes
8 Likes

Pretty sure that Ritte CX racer in the photo is Alan “Danger” Zinicker. Looks to be a few years ago, probably at Downtown LA State Historic Park. Most likely a UCI race weekend.

11 Likes

7 Likes

it depends on the individual. To me if it’s an important achievement, I’d like to think that I was best among a larger group of people. I got a state championship in MTB couple of years ago in my age group and it was only 3 of us racing for points that season and it really doesn’t feel special to me. Nice to have but i’m not going to brag about being a champion if it wasn’t really hard to get. I guess everyone is different.

26 Likes

I mean… Aren’t ALL motorcycle priced as bikes?
You can get a stupid fast motorcycle for cheaper than a super bike… :man_shrugging:

13 Likes