Cycling Memes and Jokes

10 Likes

I couldn’t get more than a few pages into Finnegans Wake. I read Ulysses, but I’d be lying if I said I understood it fully. I like Portrait, I have to say, though it does have a ‘pretentious, moi?’ vibe to it; I’ve never quite sure how much of that is intentional (Joyce mocking his younger self) and how much is completely accidental. Dubliners is magnificent.

I’m always struck by D.H. Lawrence’s comment about Joyce (‘too terribly would-be and done-on-purpose’) which has the ring of truth about it. But then Lawrence was full of himself as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

for the people!

14 Likes

Are you okay, lad? Anyone who thinks Ulysses was “not great” isn’t quite the full shilling if you ask me. It is arguably the best damn novel of the 20th century.

1 Like

Alright dorks, take it to another room! (Fellow dork here)

5 Likes

I’m not sure, folks, but I think TR might have some sort of big announcement on the next podcast. :thinking:

12 Likes

:joy: 10 Watt FTP gain for every TR user! :boom:

19 Likes

Chapter 298 - book of AACC:

@Jonathan: Welcome our special guest…TermiNATEor.

TermiNATEor: Hellou.

@Jonathan:You had a long journey. Maybe you don’t know but I everested once…that was a journey!

TermiNATEor: I had to travel back in time…at elevation!! Autonomous bikes are going to take over the world…we’re half way there!

@ambermalika: Happy halfway :slight_smile: !

TermiNATEor: We need you to have more mitochondria and better developed sympathetic nervous system for the “fight or flight” response.

@ambermalika: The human body is so amazing!

TermiNATEor: Chad’s plans were good but there was some youtube shitshow and everyone lost focus… (:thinking: maybe I should have come two weeks earlier :thinking: … damn!)

@chad: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

TermiNATEor: The thing (#1) is…I’ll bring you back on track with some AI plans!

@chad: I need beers…some high ABV stuff.

TermiNATEor: Beers with Chad!

@chad: Minimum effective dose.

TermiNATEor walks away with Chad: I’ll be back!

@IvyAudrain: I’ll report back to the team! Some more details would be nice…

TermiNATEor: I guess you all know the man with the hammer. My buddy Thor will give you the insights.

@Jonathan: TermiNATEor, please leave us a rating.

@Pete enters the the room.

22 Likes

31 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 1.57.37 PM

Too soon?

65 Likes

Love it!:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Just wondering how much the TR folks are sitting back, eating popcorn and laughing at us predicting tomorrow’s revelations…

5 Likes

Sitting back… they better be working stinkin’ hard to make sure the cast is EPIC!!!

2 Likes

39 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :rofl: :crown:

1 Like

I’m gonna be pretty disappointed when it’s for the offical introduction of TrainNow and don’t actually have DJ on as guest…

… Maybe, it’s both?!

6 Likes

You don’t really expect this to have anything to do with DJ, let alone have him as a guest, do you? 'Cause that ain’t gonna happen. They might reference the issue in passing, but there’s no way that’s what they’re all excited about.

3 Likes

49 Likes

Seriously though. I watched the first 5 minutes of that video and turned it off because it wasn’t applicable to me (as I followed the guidelines provided on which plan to choose).

Anyway, here’s a meme.

15 Likes