COVID Vaccine Shots and Training

Reports that the Pfizer vaccine will receive EUA for 12-15 YO’s any day now…f*cking thrilled. Our daughter is only 15, but she is the biggest risk factor in bringing the virus home and exposing my wife (who is high-risk and can’t yet get the vaccine).

We’ll have her in the line first thing once they approve it for 12-15 YO’s…massive relief.

4 Likes

I had my 2nd Moderna shot. I was tired that day and the next day, but I could still do stuff. I didn’t attempt to train on either day.

So pretty mild considering what other people have gone through.

10 Likes

I woke up today with a rash all over my arms, chest, and neck. As I posted on here a while ago, I had my first moderna about 10 or so days ago and my second is scheduled for the 17th. I’m pretty allergic to… everything in nature and it is spring allergy season. That being said, I’m just curious if anyone has had a rash as a side effect immediately after or as a delayed effect?
Like I said, I am pretty allergic to most things and I have had rashes in the past. However, I have not done absolutely anything different over the past few days, from soaps to diet to drinks, to traveling. I’m not too concerned, but I thought I would ask. Cheers!

I got my 2nd Pfizer on Thursday and had a sore arm on Friday and felt a little off but I had a good weekend where I rode 60 miles on sat and a good Sunday 90min endurance session to wrap up SSB1. So I consider myself lucky

1 Like
1 Like

With absolutely everything in my life, I’m the person that the experts always say “wow, I’ve never seen that before”. From the size of my tonsils to shearing my crank arm in half while riding, I’m always the fringe case. Glad to know, thanks for that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and honestly I’d rather it be that. If it’s not, then I’m back to cleaning everything in the house and logging what I do to find the source. That sucks. Lots.

1 Like

Up here in Canada, I was able to get my first astrazeneca shot at a drop in clinic ( literally the first one open for my age demographic )

I was executing a 5 x 1 km run workout 2 hours later.

I had a 1.2 celcius fever ( like 2 f fever ) that evening and felt a bit tired. I also was on 5 hours sleep cause i got up early to be one of the first in line for the shot.

Next day ( today ) I did a 2 hour easy trainer ride with just a couple efforts, and I had a random 30s effort less than 10% off my best outdoor 30s effort, so it doesn’t seem to be bothering me much today.

1 Like

Both a friend of mine and I ended up getting rashes that didnt appear until 3-4 days after the second injection. Ours were both localized to the arm we got the injection in but we’re the only two people personally I’ve seen get that type of response. The rash was raised, red, warm to the touch and tender for a couple days and has since subsided.

1 Like

@mgrphoto like this at all? This is my vaccine arm btw

Not really, mine was actually almost exactly like the one in the thumbnail in the USA Today article that @route66 shared

ETA: Ignore the bandaid from the injection. It was really stuck so I didn’t bother to take off. I left it on for a couple days before it fell off on its own. I got my second on Thursday morning and this picture was Sunday afternoon.

1 Like

Hmm, interesting. Well, I am usually the fringe case for everything, so who knows. I just still really hope it WAS from the back, because that means I don’t need to change all bedding and clean the house

Hi Wasket, we had the Moderna two weeks ago and my wife developed a rash where she had the injection. She still has it but quite localised and mild.

1 Like

37, M, 2nd Pfizer vaccine done 24 hours ago. Haven’t skipped a beat woke up this morning did a scheduled endurance ride. It is a rest week so not much intensity on my plan and seemed to work perfectly. After the shot yesterday I did a gym session, might’ve felt a little bit groggy and lightheaded. Then again I could argue I feel that way somedays anyways.

If anything drastic happens I will edit this post. :crossed_fingers:

Well here is the edit the second night I slept like shit tried to do a opener work out and was way harder than normal. Other than being fatigued I feel fine

1 Like

As I said in the stand alone post, I’m in the same boat 4 weeks out from Moderna. My readiness has been poor, resting heart rate has been high and HRV has been low. I’m monitoring it. Not real confident there is no correlation. Hopefully it goes away soon. I feel more fatigued, but it’s subtle.

1 Like

CVS now accepting walk-ins for vaccine shots, nationwide.

There are almost 9k stores nationwide…go get vaxxed today!!!

3 Likes

FWIW here are the tables of “Local Reactions, Systemic Reactions, Adverse Events, and Serious Adverse Events” compiled from the original FDA briefing docs:

Moderna

Pfizer

J&J

You got Moderna, and redness after 1st dose was 3% (severe .3%), and after 2nd dose was 9% (severe 2%). At least in the original study to gain emergency use authorization.

3 Likes

Male, 31

Moderna

Shot 1 4/4 : Sore arem for a couple days, no inturruption to training, had a pretty hard training week and felt fine.

Shot 2 5/3: This one knocked me on my butt. Arm hurt much worse the day of this time, woke up with flu like symptoms the next day: lightheaded, chills, exhausted. It got bad enough that I left work early and took a 4 hour nap before sleeping through the night. Two days after the shot and I feel much better, still a bit tired, Resting Heart rate is slightly elevated but I had my biggest week of the season last week so that doesn’t help. Gonna do a spirited group MTB ride tonight and see how it goes!

1 Like

AZ update - first shot on Sunday afternoon. Monday I was a bit lethargic but otherwise ok. Tuesday I felt pretty normal but had a second rest day anyway. Today I was back on the bike on a hilly club ride and had no issues whatsoever.

2nd Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon. Injection was more uncomfortable than the first, but nothing terrible. Shoulder soreness for the rest of the day and maybe felt a bit tired with some brain fog.

Aside from the same shoulder soreness and tiredness, I felt fine after waking up this morning. 3 hours later (about 18 hours post-shot), chills started to develop. An hour later (19 hours post-shot) minor body aches and headaches accompanied the chills. By mid-afternoon (24 hours post-shot), I had a mild fever. Overall feels like a mild illness without the sniffling and respiratory symptoms.

Needless to say, I punted my scheduled Baxter workout and plan to rest and get plenty of sleep. We’ll see what happens tomorrow.

I (42 M) had my second Pfizer at 4pm and felt fine the next morning and did a hard zwift ride at 5am. At 8am the chills / fever / aches kicked in, similar to you. Lasted about 2 full days for me. I just turned that week into a rest week and pushed my planned workouts out a week.

Its been 3 weeks and I have had good performances since then but I feel like my recovery is not quite what it was before the shot. Hoping things get back to normal soon.

1 Like