COVID-19 Disaster Day?

(Just say ‘No’, just say ‘No’, just say ‘No’)

1 Like

What good is peer pressure… unless you buckle to it :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’ll give it a good think and see how it aligns with my goals

1 Like

My races haven’t been cancelled as yet…but I will happily do a Rockhouse Day - I would break 3hrs into 1 hr intervals. get off stretch. Change knicks if necessary and get more drinks. recently I did 6hrs (avg 228w) to raise funds for bush fire victims and did it exactly this way. I didn’t eat enough I pedalled squares towards the end.

I also like the idea of a social option, and to have Discord up and running again for the event. Especially if we can rope in the Australians to a suitable time. I’d suggest the CCW course again so everyone is on the same route and easily see each other.

2 Likes

I would be up for this and strangled my FTP is 203. What dates are we thinking? I have a feeling my 100 miler will be canned. It was due for the 29th

1 Like

My first race of the year’s just been cancelled. All this hard training done - might as well put it to use! Count me in!

Damn, just realised this means I have Galena +1 on Saturday instead of Truuli :skull:

2 Likes

It’s a bummer that the name is so unfortunate. I’d like to attempt Disaster, but I definitely see the issues with making it a large-scale thing. (which is half the fun, really)

1 Like

No t shirt but is there a strava group/badge? But totally in…let’s do this!

1 Like

I think we will have an “open” event in the sense that you can choose any workout you want, including Disaster. But sharing the accomplishment will have a that hint along with it.

We could make a duplicate workout with a new “safe” name. Maybe even something as simple as “Kitchen Sink”, since that was the inspiration for the workout when Coach Chad made it in the first place.

1 Like

I am completely open to whatever direction is chosen regarding a focused event (e.g. high intensity) with or without a social option. Ditto on the naming. The exception is that I request that the name “Kitchen Sink” not be used.

Hunter Allen has contributed much to the cycling community including the well known Kitchen Sink workout. While I believe it is fine that Coach Chad developed a workout that modeled it, and referenced/gave credit to Hunter Allen for doing as such, I don’t think it would be appropriate for us to use that name for another purpose. Thanks.

2 Likes

A race has fallen by the wayside and every other race sidelined. Defo up for another event. If I end up having to isolate I’m gonna try for the 3 D’s in a week

Sounds like we had the exact same race calendar planned out. Barry, Dirty 30, Hart, and Lowell so far rescheduled. Im hoping Yankee isn’t next.

1 Like

A couple ideas from some searches:
smorgasbord, potpourri, jambalaya, mixed bag

2 Likes

I love the train of thought, particularly the first 3!!! Something light, fun in this crazy time would be great!

1 Like

I dig Jambalaya. Made me laugh.
I’d probably have to eat some afterwards for extra cheese factor

1 Like

I don’t mind “Disaster Day”. We all know what it is about and smart enough to be able to separate ourselves from what it may mean outside of Trainer Road.

5 Likes

The motivation is COVID-19 (or coronavirus, or SARS-CoV-2). There should be a callout to that.

While “Disaster” fits with my personal sense of humor, I think it may be beyond the pale.

The Socially Distant Hammerfest feat. Quarantine (Disaster but with 5% harder VO2 intervals, to make breathing more challenging.)

My races haven’t been cancelled yet, but given the first is a month away, it’s all but guaranteed. So, guess I’m in for a 3hr workout ideally Saturday or Sunday morning CST

know i’m not supposed to say this but with my races cancelled…could we do some TR members only zwift races? Even some longer ones? (not a zwift user currently but that would add some spice to quarantine)

:scream: