COVID-19 Disaster Day?

:scream:

Setting “real race” up in Zwift requires contacting them for scheduling. They are meant to be open to the public now.

The only real option for controlled access to “races” is through the Meet Up function in Z. It doesn’t have an actual race option. You can set a meet based on time or distance, and pick course. For races, you’d leave the “Keep Everyone Together” option off. The biggest hurdle would be scoring, I think. I haven’t done many meets, and not sure how you’d capture placing without a results page (which I think is lacking).

In reality, we need the league and group function that Z has teased, but not released yet. That is the right tool for the job.

All that said, we can look at options like the meet ups, or possibly work on meeting in other existing races and maybe even “team up” to work together?

I think we can consider any and all options available to us.

1 Like

ah damn, sounds hard. would be cool to at least chat as we go around, or do something where i can see/hear others would be pretty fun as my Mrs is sick of hearing about cycling :rofl:

1 Like

Why limit ourselves to one or the other…seems a lot of people are gonna have a lot of time to kill. Schedule multiple activities! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Agreed. I actually was thinking of something at least every other week, but still mulling it all over.

I think we can and should include more than one option and more than one date or week. Not sure how best to offer them yet, but the great minds here will help shape it. :smiley:

2 Likes

A smorgasbord of potpourri and jambalaya

1 Like

Ahhh, now that’s a cornucopia of splendid words right there.

1 Like

Well then I’ll leave you guys to it,just gimme the dates! :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Power13: no, he actually means you and me!

2 Likes

I mean everyone :smiley:

I have no lock or control of this idea or how to implement. I’m actually a strong introvert, and not great at “regular social interaction” (probably not a shock to some here :stuck_out_tongue: )

As such, I am likely not the best to handle various aspects of where we likely want and need to go in the coming weeks and months. I can help organize and implement, but I think we can crowd source things like group rides/workouts and such, in a way similar to Zwift events, so we can band together as people want to do.

That can include Zwift proper, for those that have it and want to use it for this purpose. We can include the Discord channel that was used for the Disaster events. We can have separate text and audio channels for event types, times of day for rides and workouts, or any other ways to organize. And there are likely other avenues we can follow that may not have been mentioned.

I am leading a Meet Up in Zwift with some of our local club and shop members. I will see how that goes and learn what I can, with an eye towards applying it here. Essentially… mo’ idea, mo’ betta for making lemonade here :smiley:

3 Likes

Bit late to the party (Home Office means I’m online WAAAY more than I want to be lately), but what about a Double (or triple!!) Baxter in Nate’s honour for one of the events. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Master BaXXXter :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

There’s the T-Shirt right there! “Getting baXXXter with strangers online.” 2020 Triple Baxter Challenge.

Make the ‘ba’ and ‘ter’ much smaller… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Funny thing you mention that, I had the original idea while doing Baxter and thinking to myself “this is nice but there is no way I can go back to these long base rides for the next month.”

“Take it to the BaXXX!”

2 Likes

My mind went straight to Mad Max and Master Blaster.

As such: Mad BaXXX

I’ll get my coat… :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

The original thread, with more name ideas:

Dear Lord. They ran wild! :rofl:

1 Like

I’m surprised this thread appears to be advocating high intensity bouts of exercise when our immune systems need to be at their peak performance right now .

As covered in another thread, there is not total consensus on the effect (pos/neg) from training:

1 Like