Santa Cruz’s Keegan Swenson, Amber Pierce, and Ivy Audrain join Coach Jonathan for a discussion on what they do to maintain consistency, how to manage expectations after disappointing early season races, what to do if you’ve experienced a lot of improvement in the Base Phase, Keegan’s plans for the course record at Epic Rides’ 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo and much more!
Tune in Thursday at 8:00am Pacific!
Youtube Live Video:
Consistency, Disappointing Races, Peaking Too Early, and More – Ask a Cycling Coach 351
Topics Covered in This Episode
- What has changed about Keegan’s training this year
- How Keegan is preparing for the shift from gravel to MTB
- Keegan’s strategy for Epic Rides’ 24 Hours in The Old Pueblo
- How to deal with disappointing results in early season races
- How to regain motivation after years of training
- Tips from pros on how they maintain consistency in training
- How to balance recovery nutrition with lactose intolerance
- Rapid-fire questions
- How to gain confidence in the middle of a big field
- Does AI FTP Detection work without max efforts?
- What to do if you’ve had big gains in the Base Phase
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
TrainerRoad Podcast Network
Submit your Question to the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Subscribe to the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Subscribe to the Successful Athletes Podcast
Submit your story to the Successful Athletes Podcast
Subscribe to the Science of Getting Faster Podcast
Submit a topic to the Science of Getting Faster Podcast
@Jonathan can you get @Keegels to see what RoboChad offers as an AI-FTP?
If he doesn’t want to give specific numbers, I’d still be interested to hear how accurate it is (and numbers in a 20-50W bracket). I’m picking he’s well into the pointy end of what the AI has seen.
A great pod, @IvyAudrain present, AND a teaser for workout levels v2?
Oh lawd he comin
@Jonathan mentions red being faster and nerds and I was sure he was going to drop some warhammer lore on us for a minute
The whole discussion on areas of friction was absolutely on point - made me go away and assess what I can change to streamline things as I shift back to working from the office!
Thank you, all.
I enjoyed this podcast. I especially liked Keegan Swenson’s advice on eating. Congratulations on the 24 hours of old pueblo win!