Coffee - Show us your set up

Bird Rock and Counter Culture in the past couple of months in my moccamaster.

2 Likes

I’m local to Counter Culture, and for a long time brewed Big Trouble and Forty-Six.

But, as much as I’m willing to spend money like a drunk sailor when it comes to bikes and kit, I simply got overwhelmed with the pricing of CC roasts. They’re good. (maybe great?), but simply too expensive for me to grind in volume for my family. :frowning:

1 Like

Yes that makes sense for sure. I drink it for myself as my wife is a keurig and dunkin iced coffee person. I am not going to lead her into my part as I would be in the same situation.

My buddy gets Jamaican Blue Mountain blend at costco and uses it for espresso and lattes, etc and says it is pretty good considering.

Don’t underestimate the impact a quality grinder will have on your brew! Virtuoso+ Grinder and techniform Moccamaster.

6 Likes

Does anybody else roast your own coffee?

My father in law gave my a little roaster as a gift a couple years ago and since then I’ve been roasting my own coffee. I purchase the green beens on the internet and I’m always trying coffee from different regions. My favorite one is one from Costa Rica.

2 Likes

I have quantity and quality coffee’s. I pick up the whole foods brand ‘tubs’ for my morning coffee when I’m gonna make a big pot, and then I have my fancy expensive coffee that’s used for espresso and occasionally a single serve drip.

1 Like

Rancilio Rocky and a French press. I’ve avoided the rabbit hole of espresso addiction thus far.

2 Likes

The wife doesn’t appreciate coffee like me, so we do the same! No sense wasting the good stuff on her! Hahaha

Yes. I have had the comandante for a while but the manual grinding gets old so I bought the forte bg. Love both of them and still use both for different reasons.

I’m not a lawyer, but am pretty sure that merits a no-fault divorce on your part with a generous alimony from her.

:rofl:

3 Likes

Lol. She grew up in Boston so Dunkin is her thing. I only started drinking coffee a year ago so I figured go big or go home.

3 Likes

That’s what I use too.

1 Like

I accidentally smashed our one and only cafetiere early into the lockdown so bought this to replace it.

We’ve got a straightforward Krups grinder and also have the option of aeropress or a mokka pot.

1 Like

I don’t remember the names, but the purple and bright green CC coffees are so good.

edit: Big Trouble and Hologram

1 Like

I just got these the other day and first time having any of there stuff. So far pretty good

3 Likes

NO

3 Likes

Current set up below - Wilfa Svart Grinder, Clever Dripper/Aeropress and some generic scales with a timer

Also - bonus picture of some of the coffee that I’ve been drinking through quarantine. Would particularly recommend Good Coffee Cartel and North Star to any UK based readers

6 Likes

Yes! My setup is identical to yours. I’ve got a subcription through https://dogandhat.co.uk/ and have had some North Star sent a couple times, it’s one of my favourites for sure :yum:

1 Like

How is the steam on the mechanika slim? My Classica PID is ocean wet all the time not matter how hot i get the boiler. I’d imagine the heat exchanger is better?