Coffee - Show us your set up

Congrats for getting one of the Niche Zeros, beautiful setup as well.

2 Likes

Looking for suggestions on premium manual grinders due to space. 99% of time doing pour over/French press. Was between Kinu M47 and Comandante but heard Comandante has been unavailable for a year. Some have said that Kinu more for espresso and that I should be in between Timemore Slim Plus/Lido 3. Thoughts?

We have the same Mocha Master in copper and absolutely love it! I also use frother to get some foam in my half/half.

I want that niche grinder…

On my list for later…

1 Like

It’s a great grinder, consistent and so easy to swap between grind sizes and beans for different brew types.

Nice, so where do those fall on the flavor palate:

3 Likes

Followinng the KISS philosophy here. I also have a similar but smaller french press in the office.

1 Like

A swiss coffee-shop recently tested 14 hand grinders in-depth, those were the three finalists:
Nitrip Easy Clean Red
Timemore C2
Nitrip Mini Black

The article (and youtube-video) can be found here, its german though so maybe you wanna use google translate for the summary depending on your language:

I’ve got a Porlex, it works very well per it’s reputation. It’s capable of a lot more but works good for French Press, I usually use it for that or Aeropress, back in the time before the 'Rona when I travelled it was part of my portable setup.

OTOH, a guy I know bought one of these ~$20 grinders from Amazon, ceramic burrs, etc and he let me take it apart and if there is any difference between it and the Porlex I couldn’t see it with my eye. Only difference I could find is the rubber piece around the outside the cheaper ones have to hold the handle which I use a rubber band for on my fancy one. Maybe they wouldn’t grind espresso like a Porlex but I bet they’ll do French Press no problem.

1 Like

Not sure if anyone here has Aldi local to them but I’ve been pretty pleased with their Organic whole bean coffees. I pay $5.29 for a 12oz bag and it’s really quite good. Tried the Peru, Nicaragua, and Honduras, and Mexico, IMO all worth picking up

2 Likes

Harsh bitterness. Put under tongue upon waking for maximum alertness (from bitter flavor and rapid caffeine absorption)

Yikes, I think you must have come from a parallel universe.

1 Like

A friend of mine found a local roaster.
https://blackcatcoffee.net/

If you pick-up at their location is like 10$ per pound!
and its very good.
They also send, and price seems to be very reasonable…

1 Like

This whole thread looks like a parallel universe. But then again, life, death, taxes and coffee are the basis of civilization.

2 Likes

Do they also do Chateau Lafite Rothschild in pills? Just wondering.

1 Like

Good question, had to check. Appears not. :laughing:

1 Like

3 Likes

The daily grind…

1 Like

Morning wake up!