Celebrating completion of workouts

She hasn’t seen my victory fist pumps yet but sometimes I will yell at coach @chad like Lieutenant Dan on the fishing boat in the middle of the storm “Is this all you’ve got?!!” And she caught me doing that.

I do have have victory dance awaiting. I have never dominated Leconte and Mary Austin, especially after they follow murderers row of Spencer/Darwin and Kaiser/Lamarck. So I’m arranging confetti and strippers. They are coming up in a couple weeks.

3 Likes

According to TED “science”, a double fist pump can make you feel more powerful.

So maybe you should do your victory celebration before your last interval! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Although my celebratory pose resembles a downward dog slumped over the handlebars…panting, grovelling, sweating…that’s what winning looks like, right? :sweat:

5 Likes

I’m with you, collapsing into a heap is the best celebration.

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

I’m too busy trying to get the sweat out of my eyes. Even I know I look one step closer to the grave :joy:

1 Like

Has anyone ever dominated these two beasts?!
Leconte is the only workout thus far to make me stop pedalling.

I hope an equal mix of M & F entertainers to adhere to the new UCI gender equality rulings. :wink:
Won’t matter much, though, you’ll be far too wasted after Mary Austin to enjoy anything beyond laying down.

2 Likes

After finishing a tough workout I tend to walk back in the house like this…

MemeGen_0002

Wife just shakes her head.

7 Likes

I always zip my jersey up at the end and point to my sponsors. I sometimes throw in a Contador style “El Pistolero” celebration too :grinning::grinning:

3 Likes

:rofl: This just made my day

1 Like

If you’re not slumped over the handlebars you didn’t try hard enough…

Fine then. Collapse over the bars, and pump your fist at the ground. :grin:

1 Like

Yoda would say there is no try… :thinking:

1 Like

He was shite at riding a bike. Legs too short.

3 Likes

“He was shite at riding a bike. Legs too short.” Awesome! Its because Yoda was Jealous.

I was one of those other fat husbands as well. But I was 105 lbs over weight. 67 down and 38 to go. I don’t really give a shite what anyone thinks anymore. As of today I am lighter than I’ve been in 27 years and I’ll be at my grade 7 weight long before I hit my 50th birthday in February! I’ll dance naked in the streets doing double fist bumps if I want to!!! (i don’t want to but if I wanted to I would)

Age 49 Ftp 292 weight 198.
Starting weight vs power 2.43
Current weight vs power 3.28
Goal weight vs power 4.7 (I can dream cant I)

4 Likes

Life is short. Celebrate every victory, big or small.

Don’t act like you’ve been there before, behave as you would if you might never be there again. Constantly be surprised at what you can achieve. Enjoy the ride. Every ride.

Keep pushing.

5 Likes

Blockquote

Thank you for that Batwood!!! I just printed that quote off 3 times and I’m going to post it in different places around my house!

1 Like

Great force/kg ratio though.

2 Likes

He would need 60mm crank or they would foul his saddle!

This Thread Is Useless Without Pictures!

Come on guys and gals, we want pics and vids :laughing:

2 Likes

I let out a full blown Berserker battle scream during the final sprint on Eisen yesterday. It was unintentional, just sort of flowed out of me. Seemed to be the only way to hit the wattage. I have also occasionally thrown my empty water bottle to my imaginary fans.

1 Like