Finish this sentence: You know the workout is hard when…

You know the workout is hard when you can’t tell the difference between the top and bottom of the interval!

4 Likes

You have to get off and push your bike up the hill!

7 Likes

…tear drops are flowing faster than sweat drops. :hot_face:

15 Likes

…you vomit at the end of it. :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

You start yelling obscenities at the workout display.

8 Likes

Isn’t that supposed to lower RPE? :thinking:

2 Likes

… you start calculating percentages and fractions in your head of how much you have done already.

35 Likes

:joy:been there :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Funny you say that. I was out riding and completely beat before the hill. There was group ahead of me that I ride with and I knew they would waiting at the top of the hill. I got off and pushed until just before top when I hopped on and pedaled to the group. No one was the wiser!

… you have to get off the bike and clutch your chest on the ground at the end of the interval.

3 Likes

…when you briefly try to calculate percentages and fractions of what you have already done or how many minutes you have remaining but realize you can no longer do simple math in your head.

24 Likes

… when you can‘t muster the will to spin at 40% at the end of your intervals, but collapse on the handlebars and sound like a stranded whale for 30 seconds or so!

9 Likes

…you wake up in an ambulance…

6 Likes

Maybe this will be easier if I shift down a gear…nope…maybe up a gear…nope… :cold_sweat:

15 Likes

The warmup ramps are painful.

10 Likes

What, a workout is hard when you can still form words? :thinking:

2 Likes

you’re drooling and don’t notice until afterward.

7 Likes

People passing you look at you with horror as you throw up between sets
Never gotten there on the bike but hill repeats on the xc skiis got me there.
You know that feeling in the legs at the end of a hard over under interval? Same but add in core shoulders and arms…

2 Likes

I usually always have an F -bomb that can get out of me. But yes it isn’t easy.

2 Likes

you start counting down with 60 seconds to go as 6, 50 seconds to go as 5, etc. until the interval is done to trick your brain into it feeling shorter.

6 Likes