This was an awesome episode packed with takeaways. Laura Alagna never thought she’d be standing on top of podiums and earning her Cat 2 upgrade, but with structured training on TrainerRoad and a lot of hard work, she made it happen.
Listen in as Laura shares what she has done to make her successful in cyclocross, how she had to pivot and change focus when she changed categories, and plenty of other CX tips and insights.
Also, I miss CX now .
Topics Covered in This Episode
- How Laura fits in her training with her job
- How Laura adjusts her training for long weekend rides with RCC Chicago and skills sessions
- Why Laura chose to race Cyclocross
- Laura’s tips to be a good heckler at a CX race
- What challenges Laura overcame in training for cyclocross
- How Laura get better at riding sand and mud
- How Laura is improving her cornering on her cyclocross bike
- How Laura trained to raise her FTP by nearly 50 watts
- How racing changed when Laura advanced through race categories