I’ve noticed that on days with hard workouts (threshold or above) I suffer from diarrhea a few hours following the workout. I have a feeling this might be related to how many carbs I take in before and during the workout, but wanted to see if anyone else experiences something similar.
I’m a 98kg male and this is usually what I take in:
- 1 hour before workout: bowl of oatmeal / 32g carbs
- Start of workout: 3 clif bloks / 24g carbs
- 20 minutes in (after warmup): 3 clif bloks / 24g carbs
- Every 10 minutes: 1 clif bloks / 8g carbs
- 1.5 scoop of Skratch hydration during the ride: 30g carbs
Depending on the length of my workout I generally take in 32g carbs before the workout and 126g-158g carbs during the workout; so about 158g to 190g total. This puts me under 2g/kg carb intake which seems safe to me, but I’m wondering if this is high on a relative scale. Please let me know and thank you!