Can you recommend me a winter bib tight with wind proof?

I am looking for a winter bib with windproof panel for temperature range 0-5 degree celsius.

for cyclists who have experiences riding in such condition, can you recommend a brand/model?
Thanks

Rapha deep winter tights work well at these levels. I used some pearl izumi that were not as good.
The rapha ones have a front panel that is windproof/water resistant to spray, and the back of the leg is a bit more breathable. THey have an almost fleece liner to them as well which is nice.

2 Likes

Do you mean a panel on the over the chest. I had Santini ones like that and they were great until the zip down the middle of the panel broke (although I still wear them over 10 years later in the coldest of weathers). A quick google suggests they’ve dropped the chest panel and I can’t find something similar :-/

bib tight. not jacket nor jersey.

yes, i wanted to get Men’s Pro Team Winter Tights with Pad II but dont have my size… :frowning:

Pactimo has some good stuff, on sale right now too.

1 Like

That’s what I wear from 0 to 18C.

2 Likes

My big favorite was Rapha Cargo Winter Tights. They are really my first choice for below 5°C. Unfortunately, I fell from my bike twice on the same side and ripped them bad, rapha said not repairable. I cannot justify 310 EUR cost for it again as i dont ride daily outside in winter, meanwhile with some discount i bought Le Col Hors Categorie tights for 220 EUR and it is very warm and well padded i must say. Meanwhile if there is any good discount in Dec - Jan for Rapha, I could consider Cargo tights again.

1 Like

Galibier mistral tights are warm, windproof and water resistant.

Not really expensive and pretty good value too. Sizing is a bit harder as the resistant materials don’t stretch as much as usual lycra but I do love my pair.

1 Like

The Endura Pro SL Biblongs have DWR/wind proof panels that cut the wind really well

2 Likes

Rapha pro winter series. Expensive, worth it. Some of the best kit I own

1 Like

Another vote for Galibier Mistral Bibs - I haven’t gone wrong with their sizing information. I’ve one of each of the previous iterations of these bibs, but the current one even comes with leg length options!

I find it hard to look past galibier gear in general (new restock of fire feet due I think!). Great vfm, and service/ returns.

1 Like

Gore has always served me well in that department, I don’t have a specific model in mind, but I’m sure they still make a wind break winter bib

3 Likes

Assos bibs are expensive, but in my opinion worth it. Best winter tights I have used. I used the Habu’s in the past but just ordered the Assos Men’s Mille GT Winter Bib Tight GTO C2 to try this winter. They were 20% of at Westernbikeworks.com

1 Like

Castelli Sorpasso ROS Wind Bibtight would be my choice.

If it is extremely cold, consider bib tights with no chamois and wear a pair of Roubaix fabric shorts under the bibs. The extra layer plus the Roubaix fabric works wonders when it is very cold.

2 Likes

Another option for really cold days, or wet days, is Assos’s rainshell pants. You can pull these over any bibs, regardless of the brand, for an additional layer of warm/protection.

1 Like

guess i have to get this. other brand was like no stock, too big, doesnt ship to singapore…

1 Like

I’ve found the best for me is to use a really good set of bibs, and a windproof layer with whatever base layer I might need. Combining too many things in one garment seems to be asking for trouble. If you don’t need it, how do you shed it?

At least it worked for me…

BTW: Once you start sweating, you’ve lost the game. Sad to say. Depending on the temperature, wind, etc…

Oh, and you rarely need as much base or warmth layers as you think you do.

1 Like

Rapha cargo winter tights are awesome. Add in some Spatz overshoes, wool socks, and winter cycling boots and your lower half will be super toasty.

that’s what my colleague in swiss told me too. but i though he already used to the cold. my country here is super hot.