Can I change the order of my scheduled workouts?

Hey Forum,

I am in the middle of SSWLV Base 2 and wondering if there’s any reason I shouldn’t change the order of my workouts during each individual week. For example, each week starts with a 1 hr VO2 max workout, next is a 1 hr SS workout and finally I have a 1.5 hr threshold workout for the third day of the week.

I’m wondering if I can move up the threshold workout to maybe the second workout of the week. I wanted to do this because I work 7 days a week and my weekend job consists of two 12 hour shifts so I don’t want to burn myself out on Fridays when I have to get up at 430 the following morning to go to work.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Generally speaking, you can shuffle the workouts as needed. As long as you are able to hit the power targets and get appropriate recovery, you can do just about anything you want.

Stacking hard workouts back to back may be an issue for some. Depends on many factors including fueling and recovery between them, but if you can still nail the workouts within reason, the order is up to whatever suits your schedule best.

There are a number of similar topics that touch on this and may go deeper, so could be worth a look:

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like