Calendar export to TrainingPeaks

Hi All,

Quick question, can you export the calendar into TrainingPeaks? If not, is this a feature that is likely to be implemented?!

Many thanks

8 Likes

Try this. Worked for me in the past. Doesn’t export your calendar but you can export plans at least.

1 Like

Yeah it worked for exporting the plan. Just have to merge workouts etc. Only annoyance is if the plan has been edited!

does this work the other way around

I’d love to see this as well, especially if it could automatically add/remove planned workouts from the calendar as you adjust your plan in TR and vice-versa. I assume it would require some additional cooperation between the two companies to make it happen, though.
I pretty much do the same 20-or-so workouts over and over in TR, so I’ve created most of them (close approximations, anyway) as structured workouts in Training Peaks (took a long time) and drag them onto my calendar as needed… sometimes, I just put in the duration, IF, and TSS.
I’m multipsort, so TR cannot be a stand-alone solution for me.

2 Likes

Is there a way to export the plan into a spreadsheet?

2 Likes

What I am hoping for is that we don’t need training peaks anymore. The only export for the calendar would be for my outlook so that I don’t need to open TR to see what I need to do today…

We are working on some export options currrently to allow you to export to iCal, Google Calendar, etc.

That being said, TrainingPeaks export is not on our Development Roadmap due to the techinical challenges and extensive collaboration required.

3 Likes

To be fair, I’ve now shelved my TP account as I believe the latest developments on TR cover most aspects of what you get.

Give us the fitness/fatigue/form charts and you have a pretty complete package!!

8 Likes

I joined TR a year ago and created my own library, a week at time as I went thru TR plans. There are some limitations in the TrainingPeaks workout builder, and it takes time, so I focused on creating simple workouts with just high-level details to support basic planning (TSS and calorie intake):

Works well, but as single-sport athlete I’m not planning to use it going forward now that TR calendar has rolled out.

1 Like

I still use TP for metrics (weight/body fat) tracking as well. But yea, TP gets much less focus from me now, and I probably won’t renew it assuming TR keeps up their work.

2 Likes

Would LOVE to be able to export to Google Calendar!

2 Likes

It’s on the list.

2 Likes

Agreed!

1 Like

Slightly off topic but is it possible to download the plan, and the plan in the calendar to word or pdf?
This is selfishly driven as I like to keep a paper copy to scribble on as training thoughts enter my mind during the working day.

3 Likes

This was great, but TrainingPeaks removed the API’s this was based on. I really liked this functionality.

1 Like

Am I the only one who can’t get this to work? Or is your comment, Gregory, confirming it doesn’t work now.

Contact support@trainerroad.com if you are experiencing issues.

They will help you and fix any source issue on their end.

I can’t get it to work either :frowning_face: Bummer, I really like the training peaks calendar and charts better but I am not willing to take the time to enter everything manually.

1 Like

Yeah, api is broken on the TP side.