Calendar: Delete plan created in Plan Builder

Hey everyone, can someone please tell me how delete a plan in the calendar that Plan Builder created. I’ve searched within the forums and within the main Plan Builder thread, but I can’t find the answer.

The little grey bar that says “specialty” or “recovery” e.g. does not show an option for deleting the plan. If you click the plan, it gives the option to change the plan to a different one (change volume for instance) but the bottom link to delete the plan is no longer there. See the images below. I want to shift my focus and manually enter plans. Do I have to delete every single workout for the entire year? This is so frustrating.

1 Like

This may be for a “regular” plan, but is very similar for PB versions. Find the related annotation at the start week of your PB and should be able to delete after opening it.

2 Likes

You need to go all the way to the first annotation in order to delete your plan.

I just impersonated your account and it looks like you figured it out :+1:.

1 Like

yep, you’re exactly right. the first workout was on a Thursday and I kept missing it. from a UX standpoint, it’s easy to miss this point and not realize what your first plan was, especially months back. Anyway, thanks for your time. Sorry for the confusion.

2 Likes

Hi! Followup question: If I’m half-way through a PB plan and want to delete it to start a new PB, will all the completed workouts be deleted or just the ones coming up? Thanks!

All completed workouts will remain. Just the future workouts and all annotations (weekly notes) will be deleted.

2 Likes

I did this recently. Did not lose any past workouts, but everything forward of the day I did it was gone.

1 Like

See - I did this in the TR app on a Mac. The app in a Mac is truely a horrible experience. The data from a browser to the app takes ages to update if you make changes, and this delete function by right clicking on the plan name annotation simply deletes the name of the plan. All the workouts are in the calendar still. When will the Mac app ever be right. They keep saying it will get better, but yikes, its a shit show in there.

So sorry to hear about the performance issues you’re experiencing @jamiewallis. I’d highly recommend shooting an email to our Support Team to see if there is anything that can be done to optimize your setup and bring the performance up to an acceptable level. This is not a complaint that we hear often, so hopefully it is an issue that can be mitigated through troubleshooting :slight_smile:

I am running into an issue with trying to delete my Plan Builder as well. I found my first workout way back in December and the annotation that went along with it, but there is a note at the top that says “You have edited your plan and are no longer able to update it.” Any ideas other than deleting individual weeks at a time?

So there is no Delete icon option on the lead plan annotation?

sigh all it took was my husband coming to look over my shoulder for the Delete button to magically show up. All set now, thanks.

2 Likes

Follow-up question: recently a Plan Builder page was added to my career page, and one of the options is to delete the plan. If I delete the plan, am I right in assuming that I am only deleting future workouts? I want to keep my workout history, of course.

Also, if that is the case, you should clearly state that in the UI, e. g. replace Delete Plan with Delete Future Workouts and add a mention to that.

• Correct.
2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I just tried it. But I can’t delete my plan this way, because I have edited my Plan Builder plan. I was talking about the Plan Builder interface in my Career tab: to the left of “Plan Overview” is a trashcan icon. And when I click it, it just claims that I will lose all data associated with the plan permanently. Since I don’t want to lose a season’s worth of workouts, I don’t want to take this gamble.

Different, but still the same.

What happens to my current training rides if I delete my current training plan?

• When you delete your current training plan to add a custom plan all of your completed workouts will remain on your Calendar.
1 Like

Thanks. :+1:

1 Like