Breakfast rut (non oat / GF)

Well it was one of my coaches (who now also is nutritionist for Bora) who had it before one of his races due to the mix between carbs and sugar.

Thats pretty much all I know honestly, he knows WAY more about different types of carbs etc and how to mix them to get best effects/results.

But it wasn’t too crazy, he did like 200g of rice with 30g of Nesquik or something I think, and just mixed it. This was before a 3-5 hours race I believe.

1 Like

Something like this: Homemade Hoisin Sauce Recipe | Allrecipes

But I have tended towards just 1 tsb soy sauce, honey, 1 tsb peanut butter, garlic powder, chilli sauce, ginger powder. put in a small bowl, microwave for maybe 30 seconds to melt the PB, mix fully then pour over your rice & fish.

1 Like

Is Wheat any good? My staple before I moved to porridge was Weetabix whether it was psychological or not, I liked the Banana Weetabix when I needed a pre race boost.

No. Wheat contains gluten, its basically the main problem.

1 Like

Its not really RE: desert called pudding, pudding is a sub-section of deserts, like Bread pudding, Bakewell Pudding etc. It is just that many Brits are lazy and use the wrong word, or are just not particularly well educated (there are many misused words that are becoming common in the UK, hell I do it all the time but I know its not correct.)

Edit: Pudding is a cooked sweet dish, a desert can be hot or cold, cooked or not cooked.

1 Like

:face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

What about Steak and onion :wink: ?

The example given is for a main not desert, and I agree, if its savoury it should be a PIE!

1 Like

Rye porridge with cottage cheese and honey!

Rye also contains gluten.

Wheat, Barley, Rye and for some people oats are all not on the menu.

yorkshire pudding - the best.

1 Like

oh my, I mean there is getting carbs but then there is this. I would start to hate the world if I was forced to eat this all of the time lol

Haha yeah, I agree… but I guess if it was my job I’d just eat it as part of the plan/bigger picture.

But its border line as an amateur…

This I just made both of the Feedzone portable grits recipes. the savory needs some adjustment, but the sweet are good. Just need to be HYPER aware of how fine/course the grits are.

Care to share the basic idea?

4 cups of water, 2 cups of grits, boil the water add in the grits slowly until they thicken. remove from heat mix 3 egg yokes (I added 2 whole eggs and one yoke for a bit of extra protein) 2 tsp of vanilla and 2 tsp of raw sugar, then mix that in with the still hot grits. mix well, Prep a muffin tin by spraying with cooking spray, then put the mixture into a muffin tin. Sprinkle raw sugar on the top of each serving, then bake at 350 for 15-20 min. pull from the oven. put a cooling rack on top of the tin, flip over and they should drop right out of the tin. That’s the sweet. using the muffin tin and baking them makes them wrappable and therefore eatable on the bike.

1 Like