Black Shoes/White Socks

@chad is basically a fashion trainwreck so I’d probably give that advice a miss.

Black shoes white socks are pretty much the only correct combo in most situations.

For me it’s such bad look. I see so many photos on the Pongo socks Insta page of this, quite often with some very thick hairy legs above them, it’s just wrong :face_vomiting:

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Looks so bad when I do it but somehow this guy makes it look ok.

1 Like

Yes for Pinocchio

Funny how fashion changes. I and almost all roadie racers had to have white bar tape and white saddles a number of years ago. Just don’t see too much white anymore. After Lance many roadies that race had black socks (or not white) but, it seems like white shoes and socks have been the norm for a while including me. Now with gravel and a huge amount of choice many make a statement or attempt to be non-conformist with all kids of color and designs both shoe and socks. I think it’s refreshing but still prefer white shoes and white socks.

Meh…these days my shoes are grey and my socks vary…florescent orange, yellow, blue…etc whatever clashes with my cycling jersey. Need to stand out so drivers wonder what on earth is up ahead.

2 Likes

Maybe we will get a thread analyzing the cooling effects and energy expenditure of different colors shoes soon :rofl:

That’s another discussion thread on its own! :smile:

I realize you’re joking but, living in Phoenix light colored helmet and shoes are a must.

3 Likes

If your legs are strong enough looking anything looks good.

Exactly, let the legs do the talking. This isn’t a fashion show.

:slight_smile:

Have black shoes and didn’t realize until I tried Zwift that black shoes and white socks look bad. Only have a couple pair of white socks though as I came from MTB (still mtb) so just set them aside and some day will get a pair of white road shoes.

This answers all questions, black shoes and white socks over tights.

But only if you have beautiful souplesse and grand tour legs!

1 Like

Eddy knows best……

3 Likes

What’s the general consensus going the other way? White shoes, black socks. Ok?

1 Like

I do it!
White shoes white socks as well as white shoes black socks :sunglasses:

edit: they have to be long socks :sweat_smile:

Ah umm …

I’ll get me coat

Black shoes are like black or red helmets, only to be worn if your life depends on it… or you’re riding gravel…

All other times, white shoes and white helmet for road, regardless of weather :wink:

2 Likes

Definitely true. The color of the shoes must match the color of the helmet. If you choose to ride the white shoes, the helmet should be white too. On the black shoe day a black helmet should be worn. And blue shoes…you get the idea.

1 Like

I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or you really are that particular about matching.

Edit: Also, I can’t be the only one who finds it slightly ironic that we follow strict rules about cycling fashion faux pas but are okay with wearing block lettering “PNS” on the kit. I know I may look like a PNS but I don’t try to advertise it.

9 Likes